Wrestling is a very interesting game. It is very popular across the world. There are some wrestlers in this game whose are so great and popular. This time we are going to talk about Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time. Let’s see which wrestlers are in these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
1. Hulk Hogan: The Hulkster ruled professional wrestling for two entire decades. Possessing incredible charisma and physical stature he helped transform wrestling from a niche pastime, spread out over several regional promotions to a mainstream brand of entertainment. Hogan’s marketability and appearances in movies and television helped turn the WWE into a billion dollar industry and paved the way for today’s high paid stars and elaborately produced shows. Hulk rarely lost a match even into his 50s. Hulk Hogan is in the 1st position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
2. Ric Flair: In short Ric Flair is wrestling. He has headlined every promotion he has ever been in from the 1970s to the early 2000s, winning multiple World Championships in each. Flair is legendary for being able to generate reactions from the crowd, with a mix of rule breaking and a flashy ring entrance. His incredible durability and colorful promos have made him a constant favorite whether he was a good guy or bad guy. Ric Flair is in the 2nd position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
3. Lou Thesz: He was the youngest title holder. A legend and innovator in the business, Thesz ascended the pro wrestling ranks in the 1930s and is generally credited for inventing many maneuvers. He was known as a “Hooker”. This ability along with a supremely fluid style allowed him to hold on to the title for over a decade while defeating all challengers. He is in the 3rd position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
4. Brett Hart: Brett Hart was born into a wrestling family. His father was a legendary wrestler and trainer, all seven of his brothers were in the wrestling business, and all four of his sisters married professional wrestlers. He is arguably the best technical wrestler of all time. Brett Hart become a hugely popular and successful singles and tag team performer for his ability to “tell stories” through his intense matches. Brett Hart is in the 4th position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
5. Antonio Inoki: Antonio is the greatest wrestler ever to come from Asia. Ionki was noble and captivating inside the ring. He has set the bar for any competitor that steps in the Japanese ring and has done just as much for the sport outside the ring as an ambassador. Ionki’s pro wrestling career lasted over 35 years throughout which he faced and defeated some of the biggest names in the world. This Asian legend is in the 5th position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
6. Steve Austin: Austin personified the “Attitude” era of professional wrestling at this time wrestling was at its peak and he was its brightest star. Austin captivated both hardcore and casual fans with his rebellious personality. Austin vs his boss Vince McMahon proved to be one of the most successful wrestling angles ever portrayed. The extremely charismatic Austin was hugely popular due to his tireless effort inside the ring and flawless microphone skills. That’s why Stone Cold Steve Austin is in the 6th position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
7. Bruno Sammartino: The 7th position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time belongs to the Bruno Sammartino. He was the dominant wrestler of the 1960s and part of the 1970s. he was a massive specimen who established the big man as the primary title holder in the United States. Throughout his prime he wrestled and defeated all of the major players of the era. “The Italian Stallion” as he was known was a good guy wrestler whose brushing and powerhouse style endeared him to many fans, especially in the ethnic fan base.
8. Andre the Giant: There might not be a more beloved figure. In his prime he could literally squash anyone who dared to step inside a ring with him. Andre, through no fault of his own, routinely was booked as the “Goliath” character versus many “Davids”. This made for good storytelling but limited his in ring accomplishment. Injuries and disease eventually wore him down, but not before retiring as an all time favorite. So, Andre is in the 8th position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.
9. The Rock: If God were to create a wrestler, he would create The Rock. Blessed with all the natural attributes and charisma possible, Dwayne Jonson quickly went the way of Hollywood. He is easily the best athlete and accomplished a great deal in the business in a very short amount of time. Wildly popular and extremely entertaining, The Rock is in the 9th position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time. He is the and probably will always be the best wrestler ever to pick up a microphone.
10. Buddy Rogers: Rogers became extremely popular in the 1950s and 1960s. A very flamboyant competitor, he combined: attitude, an outstanding physique and a signature finishing move to become the first truly “complete” wrestler. Although he could not surpass the two top wrestlers of his era, he helped elevate them and many others by playing the villain character so successfully. Buddy Rogers is in the 10th position of these Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.