Best Hiking GPS
Table of Content
- Best Hiking GPS
- 1. Garmin eTrex 20x
- 2. Garmin eTrex 10 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator
- 3. Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS
- 4. Garmin Dakota? 10, Grey, OS
- 5. Garmin GPSMAP 64 Worldwide with High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver
- 6. Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Back Track D-Tour Personal GPS Tracking Device
- 7. Garmin eTrex Venture GPS
- 8. GARMIN GPS V Deluxe Navigation
- 9. Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS
- 10. Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Back Track Original G2 GPS
According to numerous hiking tips, while selecting a GPS for hiking, two key criteria come to mind. It’s likely that a hiker will want a unit that’s good for navigation and that will not encounter reception problems. Before using it for your purpose you have to know how to use a gps for dummies for hunting while hiking. Here we make a list of Top 10 Hiking GPS which can helps you to find the right path in your hiking. Let’s have a look.
1. Garmin eTrex 20x
As our best pick Garmin eTrex 20x will satisfy all your expectation for being a handheld GPS for hiking, rock climbing or hunting. It has all the features required and it is handheld GPS too so it will not take more spaces in your hiking backpack or bag. This is the best handheld GPS hunting and hiking on the market with budget.
- 2.2 inches upgraded and clear navigation display
- Handheld or you can use one of your pant pocket to carry it
- Road maps along with marine and topographic
- You can use it for city navigation too
As the best handheld gps for inland lakes, Garmin eTrex 10 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator is our second pick. It has many similar features like our top pick. It spends less power than most GPS navigator do and it has a protective cover to protect it from outside splashes.
- IPX7 standards water proof and water resistance
- Rain, splashes protection
- Battery will support for 20 hours
- Guaranteed Support and extra accessories
3. Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS
This is another product of Garmin GPS producing company. Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS has better navigation capacity and it is most suitable for long range hiking. If you planned for a few days hiking on the mountain then this will be your choice along with other hiking accessories.
- Waypoints, tracks and road will be tracked
- You can check on previous record on the navigator
- LCD high quality display
- Information storage capacity
4. Garmin Dakota? 10, Grey, OS
The Garmin Dakota? 10, Grey, OS is a great hiking navigator with touch screen facility. Though the screen size is small but touch facility will provide extra comfort for smartphone users. Waterproof case with longer battery life is helpful for long journey into the wild.
- High Sencivity GPS receiver
- Touch screen 2.6 inches dispay
- Over 20 hours active time
5. Garmin GPSMAP 64 Worldwide with High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver
Garmin GPSMAP 64 Worldwide with High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver is an upgraded version of the popular Garmin GPSMAP 62 model. You can use all the routes those were uploaded using the network by Garmin users. Stylish and provide the highest satisfaction you expect from your GPS navigator.
- Can use other people’s routes uploaded to Garmin server
- 2.6 inches TFT display
- Waterproof and rugged navigator
- You can read it under sunlight too
6. Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Back Track D-Tour Personal GPS Tracking Device
Bushnell is a common name in the navigator manufacturing market and their Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Back Track D-Tour Personal GPS Tracking Device is authorized by the famous Bear Grylls, explorer of the wild. This is as good as Bear Grylls says so you will get more than you bargain for.
- 5 location storage and locate facility
- Previous 48 hours data autometically stored
- Temperature reading and track time facility
- Distance, altitude, longitude and latitude navigator
7. Garmin eTrex Venture GPS
The Garmin eTrex Venture GPS is another awesome GPS navigator from the famous GPS device manufacturer Garmin. As a Garmin product, the user can access Garmin server full of routes all over the world. Huge track log storing facility with longer active live with good display. All in one device you want most for hiking.
- Keeps regular track log along with 20 complete track log
- USA local area base map is preloaded with it
- Over 30 hours battery life
- TFT full color display with high brightness
As a Garmin product, GARMIN GPS V Deluxe Navigation will provide the perfect satisfaction and comfortable user experience. The UI or User Interface is perfectly made for regular reading and all types of people can use it. It has a built in memory of 19 MB and 12 channels so this will be helpful to keep your track completely under your nose.
- Built in 19 MB memory
- GPS 12 channel
- Included Base map of USA
- Complete position accuracy with WAAS capability
9. Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS
Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS is a specific GPS device for hiking. Hard, waterproof, rugged, scratch proof and perfectly visible on sunlight makes this device wanting for the hikers. The clean 2.2 inches display and over 18 hours batter life makes it a wanting hiking GPS. The best handheld gps for ice fishing you can get.
- LCD display 2.2-inches
- Battery life 18 hours
- Power saving facility
- Searching and viewing facility
10. Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Back Track Original G2 GPS
Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Back Track Original G2 GPS is another Bear Grylls recommended GPS device. Truthfully, he used this Hiking GPS device on more than one of his adventures. It has a slightly complex operating system but if you know the procedure you can use it as you use your own hands.
- 3 location storage and routing facility
- Sensitive GPS receiver with latest technology
- LED backlight with high quality display
- Digital Compass facility