Now a day the automobile market is very competitive. There are many famous companies who are producing vast range of automobiles. Based on the performance, production and sells among them, the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies are given below.
1. Toyota Motor Corporation: Toyota Motor Corporation is in the first position in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturer companies. It is a Japanese automobile manufacturer company with the headquarters in Aichi, Japan, and the world’s biggest automaker by production and sales. Kiichiro Toyoda founded this company in 1937. In 1934, being a department of Toyota Industries, it made the first manufacture, the Type An engine. In 1936 it created the Toyota AA, first passenger car. The group companies of Toyota Motor Corporation are Toyota, Daihatsu, Lexus and Hino Motors. This company also built robots.
2. BMW: BMW is in the second position of the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies. BMW is an automobile, engine and motorcycle manufacturing company of German. It was founded in 1916. It is also the parent company of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars and Mini Brand. BMW manufactures motorcycle under Husquvarna brand and BMW Motorrad. This company its famous for its luxury vehicles and performance. Thus it is the global leader of the car manufacturing companies.
3. Suzuki Motor Corporation: Suzuki Motor Corporation is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Hamamatsu of Japan. It manufactures cars, motorcycles, outboard marine engines, all-terrain vehicles, wheelchairs and internal combustion engines. After the Toyota, Honda and Nissan, Suzuki is Japan’s fourth biggest automobile manufacturer. In 23 countries it has 35 production facilities and 132 distributers in 192 countries. It hits the number three in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies.
4. Ford Motor Company: Ford Motor Company was integrated on 16th June, 1903. It is Dearborn based American multinational automaker company. Henry Ford is the founder of this company. Besides the Lincoln and Ford brands, Ford Motor Company is also the owner of Aston Martin in UK and Mazda in Japan. In March 2008, Ford sold the UK subsidiaries Land Rover and Jaguar to India’s Tata Motors. In the year 2010 it also sold the Volvo to Geely Automobile. Ford introduced some useful methods to the automobile industries. This company hits the number four in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies.
5. Honda: Science 1959, Honda has been world’s largest motorcycle manufacturing company. It is the world’s biggest manufacturer of the internal combustion engines. It was the first company which released Acura, the luxury brand in Japan. Besides automobile it also manufactures marine engines, garden equipments personal watercraft etc. In 2000 it released the robot ASIMO. It is now in the sixth position of the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies.
6. Mitsubishi Motors Corporation: Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies. It is a multinational manufacturer of automobiles. Its headquarters is situated in Minato, Tokyo. During 2009 it was the fifth Japan based largest automaker. Mitsubishi was formed in 1970 as the automotive section of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Actually its origin date is 1917. During that year Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co. Ltd lunched Japan’s first series automobile, Model A. Based on Fiat Tipo 3, it was a sedan with seven seats.
7. Fiat: Fiat is an Italian engine manufacturer, automobile manufacturer, industrial and financial group based company. In 1899, a group of so9me investors founded Fiat. Fiat also manufactured aircrafts, tanks and railroad vehicles. There are factories of Fiat in Poland, Argentina and Brazil. There are joint venture operations in France, Italy, Turkey, Pakistan, India, Siberia, China and Russia. It is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies.
8. Isuzu Motors Ltd: Isuzu Motors Ltd. the Japanese automobile manufacturer that manufactures heavy trucks and commercial vehicles. Its headquarters is situated in Tokyo. During the year 2005, it became the largest manufacturer of heavy duty trucks in the world. Isuzu is now very famous for its diesel engines and commercial vehicles. Isuzu is now in a contract with Budget Truck Rental. According to the contract Isuzu will make their all rental trucks. Navistar International, GMC and Ford also share the contract. It is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies.
9. Nissan Motor Company: Nissan Motor Company is a multinational automaker with the headquarters in Japan. It is under the Nissan Group and after restructuring under Carlos Ghosn, it has became more independent. Previously it used to market vehicles under Datsun brand. At present Nissan’s market share is along with Toyota and Honda. During 2011, Nissan became the second biggest car manufacturer in its home market. Besides the range of normal models, it also manufactures luxury models as Infinity. It is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies.
10. Volkswagen: Volkswagen Group, previously known as VAG is a German automobile manufacturer. In 2008 Volkswagen Group was world’s third automobile manufacturer and the largest in Europe. The parent company Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft abbreviated to Volkswagen AG, usually develop components and vehicles of the whole group. It also makes complete vehicles for Volkswagen Commercial vehicles and Volkswagen Passenger Cars. There are two divisions in Volkswagen group, the Financial Service Division and the Automotive Division. It is in the position in the Top 10 List of automobile manufacturing companies.
You may also like to read these