We have discussed about the Top 10 List of fastest cars, most expensive cars, sports cars, car tips etc. Now we will discuss about the best sold cars ever. Many people are eager to know which the best sold cars are. Here is the Top 10 List of best sold cars.
1. Toyota Corolla: This is the most popular and best sold car in this Top 10 List. It is the best combination of price, style, reliability and performance. Corolla is manufactured in sixteen different countries. In an average, a Corolla is sold in per 40 seconds. This car has got 10 major changes. Till now 32 million units of this car is sold.
2. Ford F-Series: This car was launched in 1948. This is the only truck in this list and is in the second position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars. In US this truck was the best-selling truck for 31 years and best-selling vehicle for 23 years. Some says that half of the profit of Ford has come from this truck. 30 million units of this truck are sold.
3. Volkswagen Golf: This car is in the third position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars. It was first introduced in 1974. First it came as three-door hatchback and later updated to five-door hatchback. The season behind its popularity is above-average engineering, price and dependability. 25 million units of this car are sold.
4. Volkswagen Beetle: The second car of Volkswagen in this list is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars. It was first introduced in 1938 and gained popularity in the post –war period in Europe. In 1960s it was introduced in US. It was popular for comfort, performance, power and durability. The sales of this car were 23 million units.
5. Ford Escort: This car was produced from 1976 to 2003 and sold 20 million units. It was fords first “world car” and was produced in Ford’s UK division. In 1960s this sporty car was Britain’s best-selling car. Ford introduced Escort in USA market in 1981. This car is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars.
6. Honda Civic: It is one out of two Honda’s cars in this list and its sales are 17.7 million units. It was the top selling car for about 35 years and the credit goes to its high quality, comfort, fuel efficiency and low price. In 2008 it surpassed the Ford F-Series and became the top selling vehicle in US. This car is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars.
7. Ford Model T: With the sales of 16.5 million units, this car is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars. It was first introduced in 1908. This is the first car which was mass-produced using assembly line system. It was also the first car to be the most affordable for middle-class Americans. Ford Model T is doubtlessly an influential car of 20th century.
8. Honda Accord: The second car of Honda is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars. From the 1976 to now, this car is sold 15.8 million units. From 1982 to 1997 this car dominated the Japanese car market in US. This was also to be the first Japanese car made in US. This car symbolizes the efficiency and quality of Japanese car.
9. Volkswagen Passat: This car was first introduced in 1973 and its sales are 14.1 million units. It was Vilkswage’s first front-wheel drive car and first car with water-cooled engine. This car has been marketed in various names like Santana, Dasher, Quantum, Corsar, Magotan and Carat. This car is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars.
10. Chevrolet Impala: This car is the last car in the Top 10 List of Best Sold Cars with the sales of 14 million units. It was first introduced in 1958. This car was popular because this high-end luxury car was affordable by middle-class buyers. It has a record to be the highest sold car in one year which is unbeatable.
You may also like to read these