Sea ports are the main biggest part of world business. In this Top 10 List we are going to input a post about top 10 biggest sea ports in the world. We know that many people don’t know about the sea ports. In this Top 10 List we bring short description about the top 10 port in the world.
1. Shanghai (China): In this Top 10 List we keep Shanghai in the 1st place. It is the biggest sea port in the world. Having a total of five working areas, the port of Shanghai became the biggest port in the world, surpassing the port of Singapore. The port of Shanghai is a source of great economic activity in the Yangtze River area which has helped further the economic status of regions like Zhejiang, Jiangsu and Henan
2. Ningbo-Zhoushan (China): In our Top 10 List it is the 2nd biggest port, also in the world. The port is expected to have a huge boost in the form of the construction of a new terminal – the Jintang Dapukuo, consisting of five berths which are expected to be completed by the year 2014.
3. Singapore (Singapore): In the Top 10 List of biggest sea ports we keep Singapore in the 3rd position. The Singapore port is connected to over 600 ports spread around more than a 100 countries. In terms of its handling, the ship port handles a fifth of the global cargo containers and is responsible for the transit of nearly 50% of the global crude oil supply.
4. Rotterdam (The Netherlands): In the Top 10 List of biggest port in the world we keep Rotterdam in the 4th place. This port is in Netherlands. It is the biggest sea port in Europe.
5. Tianjin (China): In the Top 10 List of biggest port in the world we keep Tianjin in the 5th place. It is also the third largest port in China. Situated at the River Haihe, the Tianjin port in China is ranked fifth in the list of biggest ports in the world. At present it is connected to over 400 ports in nearly 200 countries across the world, a figure which is expected to rise by the next four years.
6. Guangzhou (China): In the Top 10 List of biggest port in the world we keep Guangzhou in the 6th place. This port is located in China. The port forms the mainstay for the industrial belt found in the Guangxi, Yunnan, Hunan and Jiangxi regions. The port of Huangpu also forms a part of the Guangzhou port.
7. Qingdao (China): In the Top 10 List of biggest sea port we keep Qingdao in the 7th place. This port is also located in China. Facing Japan and South Korea, the world leaders in the shipbuilding business, the Qingdao port is a natural harbor and has connectivity with over 450 ports in over 130 countries.
8. Qinhuangdao Port (China): In the Top 10 List of biggest sea port in the world we keep Qinhuangdao Port (China) in the 8th position. Statistically at present, the port is the biggest coal lading port globally and internally, accounts for nearly 50% of the country’s coal transportation between the North and the South.
9. Hong Kong: In the Top 10 List of biggest port in the world we keep Hong Kong in 9th position. A natural harbor, the Hong Kong port has been very instrumental in the economic furtherance of the city of Hong Kong. In the year 2010, the port accounted for 23.7 million.
10. Busan (South Korea): The Port of Busan, also known as Pusan, doubles as South Korea’s largest port and its second-largest city. In our Top 10 List it is the 10th biggest port in the world; the port of Busan is situated at the Naktong River and forms a major commercial getaway between the Pacific Ocean and the countries belonging to Eurasia.