This Top 10 List includes the most successful car manufacturers in Asian market. Most of the biggest car manufacturers are from Asia. Thus, it is one of the biggest car markets of the world. Now here is the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market.
1. Toyota Motor Corporation: Toyota Motor Corporation is in the first position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market. It is a Japanese automobile manufacturer company with the headquarters in Aichi, Japan, and the world’s biggest automaker by production and sales. Kiichiro Toyoda founded this company in 1937. In 1934, being a department of Toyota Industries, it made the first manufacture, the Type-A engine. In 1936, it created the Toyota AA, first passenger car. The group companies of Toyota Motor Corporation are Toyota, Daihatsu, Lexus and Hino Motors.
2. Nissan Motor Company: Nissan Motor Company is a multinational automaker with the headquarters in Japan. It is under the Nissan Group and after restructuring under Carlos Ghosn, it has became more independent. Previously it used to market vehicles under Datsun brand. At present Nissan’s market share is along with Toyota and Honda. During 2011, Nissan became the second biggest car manufacturer in its home market. Besides the range of normal models, it also manufactures luxury models as Infinity. It is in the second position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market.
3. Honda: Science 1959, Honda has been world’s largest motorcycle manufacturing company. It is the world’s biggest manufacturer of the internal combustion engines. It was the first company, which released Acura, the luxury brand in Japan. Besides automobile it also manufactures marine engines, garden equipments personal watercraft etc. In 2000 it released the robot ASIMO. It is now in the third position of the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market.
4. Mitsubishi Motors Corporation: Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market. It is a multinational manufacturer of automobiles. Its headquarters is situated in Minato, Tokyo. During 2009, it was the fifth Japan based largest automaker. Mitsubishi was formed in 1970 as the automotive section of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Actually, its origin date is 1917. During that year Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co. Ltd lunched Japan’s first series automobile, Model A. Based on Fiat Tipo 3, it was a sedan with seven seats.
5. Isuzu Motors Ltd.: Isuzu Motors Ltd. the Japanese automobile manufacturer that manufactures heavy trucks and commercial vehicles. Its headquarters is situated in Tokyo. During the year 2005, it became the largest manufacturer of heavy-duty trucks in the world. Isuzu is now very famous for its diesel engines and commercial vehicles. Isuzu is now in a contract with Budget Truck Rental. According to the contract, Isuzu will make their all rental trucks. Navistar International, GMC and Ford also share the contract. Isuzu is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market.
6. Mazda Motor Corporation: It is a Japanese automobile manufacturer founded in 1920 by Jujiro Matsuda; it is headquartered in Fuchu, Aki, and Hiroshima, Japan. First, it started with the name Toyo Kogyo Co. Ltd. It changed its name to Mazda in 1984. This company’s annual sales in 2010 in only Japan were 23,747 units. It is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market.
7. Hyundai Motor Company: This Korean automaker is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. In 2011, it was the fastest growing automobile manufacturer in past two years. In 2009 it was fourth biggest carmaker in the world along with Kia and in 2008 it was eighth biggest car maker without Kia. This company is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of Car manufacturers in Asia.
8. Suzuki Motor Corporation: Suzuki Motor Corporation is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Hamamatsu of Japan. It manufactures cars, motorcycles, outboard marine engines, all-terrain vehicles, wheelchairs and internal combustion engines. After the Toyota, Honda and Nissan, Suzuki is Japan’s fourth biggest automobile manufacturer. In 23 countries it has 35 production facilities and 132 distributers in 192 countries. It hits the number eighth in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Asian Market.
9. Fuji Heavy Industries: This Company was founded in 1953, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It was formed when five Japanese companies Fuji Jidosha Kogyo, Fuji Kogyo, Utsunomiya Sharyo, Tokyo Fuji Sangyo and Omiya Fuji Kogyo joined to form a large manufacturing company. This company is best known for its Subaru automobiles. This company is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of Car manufacturers in Asia.
10. Daihatsu Motors: This company is the oldest car manufacturer in Japan. It is headquartered in Ikeda, Osaka Prefecture. It was founded in 1951 as a successor company to Hatsudoki. Daihatsu is best known for its off-road and smaller car models. In 1960 it started to export cars in Europe. It began to achieve success from 1980s. This company is in the tenth position in the Top 10 List of Car manufacturers in Asia.