This Top 10 List includes the most successful automobile manufacturers in Europe. Europe is one of the largest car markets of the world. This list will provide you some basic information about the leading companies of Europe. Here is the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
1. Fiat: Fiat is an Italian engine manufacturer, automobile manufacturer, industrial and financial group based company. In 1899, a group of some investors founded Fiat. Fiat also manufactured aircrafts, tanks and railroad vehicles. There are factories of Fiat in Poland, Argentina and Brazil. There are joint venture operations in France, Italy, Turkey, Pakistan, India, Siberia, China and Russia. This company is in the first position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
2. Renault: This French automobile manufacturer is headquartered in Boulogne-Billancourt. Renaults Alliance with the Nissan made it third largest automobile manufacturer in the world. Together these two companies are working on the development of electric cars. They have invested $5.16 billion in this project. This manufacturer is in the second position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
3. Ford Motor Company: Ford Motor Company was integrated on 16th June, 1903. It is Dearborn based American multinational automaker company. Henry Ford is the founder of this company. Besides the Lincoln and Ford brands, Ford Motor Company is also the owner of Aston Martin in UK and Mazda in Japan. In March 2008, Ford sold the UK subsidiaries Land Rover and Jaguar to India’s Tata Motors. In the year 2010, it also sold the Volvo to Geely Automobile. Ford introduced some useful methods to the automobile industries. This manufacturer is in the third position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
4. BMW: This company is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe. BMW is an automobile, engine and motorcycle manufacturing company of German. It was founded in 1916. It is also the parent company of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars and Mini Brand. BMW manufactures motorcycle under Husquvarna brand and BMW Motorrad. This company is famous for its luxury vehicles and performance. Thus, it is one of the global leaders of the car manufacturing companies in Europe.
5. Toyota Motor Corporation: Toyota Motor Corporation is in the first position in the top ten list of automobile manufacturer companies. It is a Japanese automobile manufacturer company with the headquarters in Aichi, Japan, and the world’s biggest automaker by production and sales. Kiichiro Toyoda founded this company in 1937. In 1934, being a department of Toyota Industries, it made the first manufacture, the Type A engine. In 1936, it created the Toyota AA, first passenger car. The group companies of Toyota Motor Corporation are Toyota, Daihatsu, Lexus and Hino Motors. This company is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
6. Peugeot: Peugeot Company was founded in 1810 as a coffee mill company. It has its headquarters both in Paris and France It made its first car in 1891. It is a major French car manufacturer and the second largest car manufacturer based in Europe. This company is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
7. Alfa Romeo Automobiles: This Italian manufacturer was founded as A.L.F.A in 1910. It was first owned by a state holding company Istituto per la Ricostruzione Industriale from 1932 to 1986. In 2007, it became a part of Fiat. This company involved itself with car racing from 1911. It is reputation for making expensive sports cars. This company is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
8. Nissan Motor Company: Nissan Motor Company is a multinational automaker with the headquarters in Japan. It is under the Nissan Group and after restructuring under Carlos Ghosn, it has became more independent. Previously it used to market vehicles under Datsun brand. At present Nissan’s market share is along with Toyota and Honda. During 2011, Nissan became the second biggest car manufacturer in its home market. It is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
9. Audi: Audi was founded in 1909 in Germany by August Horch. This company was totally owned (99.55%) by Volkswagen group from 1966. It has its production factories in Germany, Hungary, Belgium, China, India and Brazil. Audi is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
10. Chrysler: This Company was founded as Chrysler Corporation in 1925 by Walter Chrysler. It is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan. In 2009, it was sold to a new company Chrysler Group LLC due to bankruptcy. Now it is organized in alliance with the Italian auto manufacturer Fiat. This company is in the tenth position in the Top 10 List of Car Manufacturers in Europe.
You may also like to read these