1. China: Science 2009, China is the biggest car manufacturing country in the world. Automobile industry in China has been developing rapidly science 1990s. In 2009, 13.79 million automobiles are produced in China, of which passenger cars are 8 million and commercial vehicles were 3.41. Among the automobile produced, local brand produced 44.3% and the joint ventures along with foreign car producers produced the rest. China’s local brands are BYD, Geely, Hafei, Chery, Roewe, Great Wall etc. The foreign car producers in China are Mitsubishi, Volkswagen, Hyundai, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. China is in the first place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
2. Japan: The automobile industry of Japan is one of the most famous industries of the world. In the year 2008 Japan was the largest automobile manufacturing country. But in 2009, China surpassed Japan and became the largest automobile manufacturer in the world. Although, Japan’s automobile Industry is still the best in qualities. There are many companies that produce car, motorcycles, construction vehicles, engines etc in Japan. The Japanese automobile manufacturers are Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Daihatsu, Mazda, Suzuki, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Kawasaki, Isuzu, Mitsuoka and Yamaha. Japan is in the second place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
3. United States: In the 1980s America’s automobile industry started. Soon after the beginning, this country started to develop rapidly and became one of the biggest automobile manufacturers in the world. This industry started with hundreds of companies but after the 1920, three large companies- Ford, General Motors and Chrysler began to dominate the industry. After the World War II, these companies continued to prosper. After that some issues affected those companies but they bounced back. After 2008 the Chrysler and General Motor were bailed out with investments and loans from federal government. This country is in the third place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
4. Germany: The automobile manufacturers of Germany are the largest employers in that country. Over 866,000 (2005) strong labor forces are working in this industry. Besides, in Europe, Germany has the biggest share of car production, over 29%, followed by the France, Spain and United Kingdom. At present six large automobile manufacturers are dominating the automobile industry of Germany- BMW AG, Volkswagen AG, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Daimler AG, Ford-Werke GmbH and Adam Opel AG. This country is in the fourth place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
5. South Korea: By production volume of automobiles South Korea is in fifth position and by export volume it is in sixth position in the world. Important operations like assembling are done in here but the parts are imported from the largest automobile producing countries like US, Japan and Korea. South Korea’s automobile companies are Hyundai Motor Company, Asia Motors, KIA Motor Company, SangYong Motor Company, GM Daewoo and Oullim Motors. This country is in the fifth place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
6. Brazil: In 1956, with the production of Romi-Isetta in the city of Santa Barbara d’Oeste, Brazilian automobile industry was begun. In the year 1958, the Toyota began to produce its popular Land Cruiser. In 1959, Volkswagen factory was built and started to produce Kombi. Ford and Chevrolet started to manufacture vehicles in Brazil in 1960. At the same year Fiat also started production in Brazil and in 1998 Mercedes Benz. Other companies in Brazil are Renault, Peugeot, Nissan, Hyundai, Honda, Audi etc. This country is in the sixth place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
7. India: India’s automobile industry is one of the fastest growing and largest automobile industries in world. On an average, every year India produces 17.5 million vehicles and exports 2.33 million. In 2009 India was Asia’s fourth largest passenger car exporter. According to a recent report, soon India will be the sixth largest automobile manufacturer overtaking Brazil. India’s automobile manufacturers are Tata Motors, Chinkara Motors, Hindustan Motors, ICML, Premier Automobiles Limited, Mahinda and San Motors. This country is in the seventh place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
8. Spain: Spain’s automobile industry is the largest in Europe. Previously Spain became the fifth automobile manufacturing country but from 2008 its production reduced. This 10dency of reduction was begun 10 years ago, because of the abandon of a government policy. This country is in the eighth place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
9. Mexico: Mexico’s automobile industry is smaller than that of the previous countries. Mexico produced two million cars in the year 2008. Among the automobile companies in Mexico, Chrysler entered in Mexico in 1937, Isuzu in 2005, and Mazda in 2005. Other companies are Honda, Fiat, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen etc. This country is in the ninth place in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.
10. France: France produced some thousands of cars less than Mexico. This country’s automobile history started far from today but this industry didn’t developed much. Some car manufacturers of France are Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Picasso, Acadiane, Saxo etc. This country is in the 10th position in the Top 10 List of car manufacturing countries.