Top 10 List of fastest bikes is surely it a very attractive topic, especially for the boy’s. There are many bike manufacturers in the world and they make thousands of models. It is a very hard task to make the list of fastest bikes. We have tried our best to make the proper list gathering information from different sources. Here is the Top 10 List of Fastest Bikes.
1. Dodge Tomahawk: The top bike of the Top 10 List of fastest bikes is the Dodge Tomahawk. It is not like other typical bikes. It has four wheels, two rears and two fronts. Dodge Tomahawk is mainly a Viper V-10 based bike. It has a 500 hp engine and 2-speed manual transmission. Its top speed is 350 mph (540 km/h). Some also reported that the top speed is 420 mph (676 km/h). But the problem is you can’t drive it on any public road.
2. Suzuki Hayabusa: The Suzuki Hayabusa is the second bike in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes. In Japanese the words Hayabusa means the Peregrine Falcon which can fly at 200 mph and predator of the blackbirds. There is a cause behind this name. Suzuki lunched these models to compete with the Honda Hawk models. In 1999 when Hayabusa was first introduced, it surpassed the Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird and became the fastest bike. The Suzuki Hayabusa has a 4-stoke 1340cc engine with 197 hp. Its top speed is 248 mph (397km/p).
3. MTT Turbine Superbike Y2K: It is in the third place in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes. It is also known as the Y2K Turbine Superbike. This Superbike s powered by the Rolls Royce Allison 250 series turboshaft engine and with 320 hp. Its top speed is 227 mph (365km/p). This bike holds the Gunness World Record of “Most powerful production motorcycle” and “Most expensive production motorcycle”.
4. Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird: This Blackbird was first started to produce in 1996 and stopped in 2007. It was the world’s fastest bike until it was surpassed by the Kawasaki ZX11. Blackbird has a four-cylinder 1137cc engine with 153 hp. Its highest speed is 190 mph (310km/h). The Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes.
5. Yamaha YZF R1: Yamaha YZF R1 is the fifth bike in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes. It was first lunched in 1998 with 1000cc engine after redesigning the Genesis engine. It has a attractive look and great handling capabilities. R1 is packed with a 4-Cylinder Parallel engine of 128.2 hp at 10,000 rpm. It has 6-speed transmission and the top speed is 186 mph (297km/p).
6. MV Agusta F4 1000 R: The Agusta F4 was first lunched in 2006. It has a four-Cylinder 174 hp engine. It also has forged black Brembo wheels and Brembo Monobloc radial brakes. The 1+1 (Biposto) version will provide you a pillion for the passenger. This bike can run at the top speed of 185 mph (299 km/h). The MV Agusta F4 1000 R is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes.
7. Kawasaki Ninja ZX-11/ZZ-R1100: The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-11/ZZ-R1100 is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes. Kawasaki produced this model from 1990 to 2001. It is known as the ZX-11 Ninja in the North America and ZZ-R1100 to the rest of the world. It has a 4-stroke 1052cc engine at 10,500rpm, 6-speed transmission and its top speed is 176 mph (283km/h). This bike was once the fastest bike of the world.
8. Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille: There are three versions of Aprilia RSV- RSV Mille, RSV Mille R and RSV Mille Sp. These bikes are produced from 1998 to 2003 by Rotax, an Austrian company. Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille has a 60 degree V-twin 998cc engine of 141.13 hp with 6-speed transmission. Its top speed is 175 mph (281 km/h). This bike is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes.
9. BMW K 1200 S: There is a very tough competition between the BMW K 1200 S and Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille, because the BMW K 1200 S has the top speed of 174 mph (278 km/h). The BMW first lunched the K series bikes in 2004. The BMW K 1200 S got a 4-Cylinder 164.94 hp engine with 6-speed manual transmission. This cool bike is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes.
10. Ducati 1098s: The Ducati 1098s was first introduced in 2006. It has an L-twin cylinder engine at 9750 rpm. It has a 6-speed transmission. Its highest speed is 169 mph (271 km/h), 5 mph less than the BMW. This bike has the highest torque-to-weight ratio among all sports bikes. The Ducati 1098s is in the tenth position in the Top 10 List of fastest bikes.
You may also like to read these
Top 10 List of Honda Bikes
Top 10 List of Kawasaki Bikes