In this Top 10 List we will show you the best perfumes of France. France is especially known for its fashion industry. The perfumes of France are very popular worldwide. We ranked the perfumes based on their popularity and reputation. Now here is the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
1. Chanel: The formal name of this Parisian fashion house is Chanel S.A. It was founded by couturier Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. It was founded in 1909. This company is specialized in luxury goods such as ready-to-wear, haute couture, handbags, cosmetics, perfumery and many others. This brand is in the first position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
2. GUERLAIN: This perfume house was founded in 1828. It is one of the oldest perfume houses in the world. This brand has loyal and large customers. It is often said that it is characterized by an olfactory accord which is known as “Guerlinade”. In 1921, a perfume with the same name was launched by Guerlain. This brand is in the second position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
3. Christian Dior: It is a line of perfumes by Christian Dior SA which was founded by a fashion designer Christian Dior. This company is controlled by a businessman named Bernard Arnault. In 1947, it was founded by the launch of a perfume named Miss Dior. Some popular perfumes of this brand are Addict, Jadore, Homme and Poison. This brand is in the third position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
4. Cartier: Cartier S.A. was founded in 1847 in Paris. It is mainly a luxury watch and jeweler manufacturer. In 1981 it launched perfumes for the first time. Its popular perfumes are Delices De Cartier, , Le Baiser Du Dragon, Eau de Cartier, Must de Cartier Pour Homme, Must de Cartier, So Pretty and Santos de Cartier. This brand is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
5. Lancôme Paris: This is mainly a brand of high-end makeup. It was founded in 1935. From 1964 it is owned by L’Oréal. Lancôme offers makeup, skin-care and perfumes of higher-end prices. Its perfumes are Magnifique, Magie Noire, Poeme, O De Lancome, Miracle, O Oui, Tresor and Tresor In Love. This brand is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
6. Givenchy: This brand includes accessories, clothing, cosmetics and perfumes. It was founded by a designer Hubert de Givenchy in 1952. It is owned by LVMH. After Dior, it is the second largest apparel division of LVMH. This brand is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
7. Balenciaga: This fashion house was founded by a Basque designer of Spain Cristóbal Balenciaga in 1914. It is now owned by PPR, a French multinational company. Le Dix, its first perfume was launched in 1946. This brand is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
8. Cacharel: It is a brand of accessories, perfumes and ready-to-wear clothing. It was founded by Jean Bousquet in 1964. He was son of a sewing machine salesman. He founded fashion house Le Marais in Paris and its success encouraged him to create Cacharel. Some perfumes of this brand is Loulou, Loulou Blue, l’Homme, Noa, Gloria, Nemo etc. It is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
9. Hermes: It is specialized in manufacturing, designing and selling luxury products such as clothing and perfume. It was founded in 1837 by Thierry Hermès. This company started to manufacturer perfume since 1951. It manufactures both men’s and women’s perfumes. This brand is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.
10. Lacoste: It is mainly an apparel company. It was founded in 1933. It manufactures clothing, footwear, leather goods, perfume, eyewear, watches etc. Its line of perfumes includes Elegance, Challenge, Essential, Essential Sport, Joy of Pink, Inspiration, Lacoste Pour Homme. This company is in the tenth position in the Top 10 List of French Perfume Brands.