Laptops have taken place of the desktop computers. It has now became very popular because it is flexible, easy to carry and easy to use. Now there are many companies who are making laptops. The Top 10 List of laptop companies which is consist of the leading laptop companies are given below.
1. Apple: This company is in the top position in the Top 10 List of Laptop manufacturing companies. There are very few companies which are as large as Apple. It has the most valuable technologies and is under the Microsoft Company. Apple was established on 1976 in California and incorporated on 1977. Before the year 2007 its name was Apple Computer Inc. On January 9 of that year, the word “Computer” was removed. During September 2010, this company had full time employees of 46,600 and temporary full time employees of 2,800. Apple’s annual sales were $65.23 billion that year.
2. Lenovo: On the year 1988 in Hong Kong, Lenovo incorporated as legend. It mainly manufactures and develops desktops and notebooks, servers, storage devices, workstations, IT management software etc. On the year 2009 the fourth biggest manufacturer of personal computers of the world was Lenovo. During the later months of 2010, Lenovo’s share increased from 8.6% to 10.4%. In China it is the biggest seller of PCs. It is in the second position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
3. HP: Hewlett-Packard Company, most commonly referred as HP, is American multinational IT Corporation. Its headquarters is in California, USA. At first this company was started in garage of Palo Alto by Dave Packard and Bill Hewlett with an initial investment of $538 which is now world’s one of largest IT companies. HP was incorporated on 1947 and went public on 1957 HP is mainly specialize in manufacturing and developing computers, networking hardware, data storage, delivering services and designing software. It is in the third position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
4. Sony: Sony Corporation is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation which is commonly referred as Sony. Its headquarters is in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. Among the world’s largest media conglomerate, it is fifth (FY2010). Sony Corporation is divided in some sectors. They are Sony Corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Sony Financial Holdings and others. Sony offers some high quality laptops named as VAIO. It is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
5. Asus: ASUSTeC Computer Incorporate, headquartered in Taiwan, Republic of China, is a multinational computer products manufacturer. Its range of product is motherboards, servers, laptops and mobile phones. This company also manufactures components for some other companies like Dell, Apple, Hewlett-Packard and Falcon Northwest. . ASUS is listed in both London and Taiwan Stock Exchange. 29,2% of the motherboards sold worldwide in 2009, was ASUS motherboard. In the year 2009 its revenue was 21.2 billion. It is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
6. Dell: Dell Inc. is American multinational IT Corporation in the Round Rock, Texas, US. Dell was named by the founder of this company, Michael Dell. It is one of the biggest technological corporations of the world. It manufactures, develops and sells computer and computer related products. Dell also sells HDTVs, MP3 players, cameras and other electronic devices manufactured by other manufacturers. It is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
7. Samsung: Samsung Electronics became world’s biggest electronic company in the year of 2010 with the revenue of $133.78 billion. Its headquarters is in Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea. It is a flagship subsidiary of Samsung Group. It has sales networks and assembly plants in 65 countries of the world. On the year 2009, surpassing HP, it became world’s largest IT manufacturer. Samsung Electronics produces products like LCD and LED TV, Mobile Phones, computer accessories etc. It is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
8. Acer: Acer Incorporated is a multinational IT and electronics corporation. It has its headpuarters in Xizhi, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Acer produces products like desktops, laptops, tablet computers, servers, personal digital assistants, storage device, smartphones and displays. All of the Acer products are made by the original equipment manufacturers. It also provides services to businesses, customers and governments. It is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
9. MSI: MSI is a top video card and motherboard manufacturer in the world. Besides, MSI manufactures a vast range of products as well as servers, expansion cards, notebooks, barebone computers, all-in-one PCs and car infotainment products. The five founders Henry Lu, Joseph Hsu, Frank Lin, Jeans Huang and Kenny Yu founded MSI on 1986 in Jhonghe, Taipei. First overclocking motherboard of the world was produced by MSI. It is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of Laptop Manufacturing Companies.
10. Toshiba: Toshiba Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo of Japan, is a Japanese multinational company. Toshiba produces customer’s products and electronic devices like TV and laptop. There are Toshiba-made Semiconductors in the list of Top 20 Semiconductors of the world.