In the Top 10 List we always make a list about different things and matters. This time we write about Top 10 List of largest impact Structures on earth. We hope that this Top 10 List of largest impact Structures on earth make you satisfied with its basic information.
1. Vredefort Domea: In the Top 10 List of largest impact structure on earth we keep Vredefort domea in the 1st place. This impacted is located in the Free State Province of South Africa. The impact structure is about 4 billion years old. The place is now one of the world heritage sites in the world.
2. Wilkes Land Crater: In the Top 10 List of largest impact structure on earth we keep Wilkes Land crater in the 2nd place. This is a huge unverified impact crater found beneath the ice caps in Antarctica. The place is about 250 million years old. Unfortunately, due to the fact that the crater is buried under kilometers of ice, there are no samples to test and verify that this is the largest impact crater on earth, and so it remains on the unverified list.
3. Sudbury Basin: In the Top 10 List of largest impact on earth we keep Sudbury Basin in the 3rd place. Sudbury basin, or Sudbury structure, is a huge impact structure in Ontario, Canada. The original crater is believed to have been a lot larger than the current 200km (120mi) diameter crater that is there today.
4. Chicxulub Crater: In the Top 10 List of largest impact structure on earth we keep Chicxulub Crater in the 4th place. This impact located on Yucatan Peninsula, in Mexico. The crater is more than 180km (110mi) in diameter, making it the 3rd largest confirmed impact structure on earth. The age of the rocks show that the impact structure is roughly 65 million years old, and falls right at the end of the cretaceous period.
5. Manicouagan Crater: in the Top 10 List of largest impact on earth we keep Manicouagan Crater in the 5th place. This pace is situated in Quebec, Canada. The place is about 215 million years old. This crater also forms the largest in an array of craters believed to be a multiple impact event.
6. Popigai Crater: In the Top 10 List of largest impact structure on earth we keep Popigai crater in the 6th place. Popigai crater is located in Siberia, Russia. The bolide impact happened over 35 million years ago. It was discovered that the shock pressure from the initial impact instantaneously turned graphite all along the ground, within a 13.6km (8.4mi) diameter of the impact site, into diamonds.
7. Chesapeake Bay Impact Crater: In the Top 10 List of largest impact on earth we keep Chesapeake Bay impact crater in the 7th place. Chesapeake Bay impact crater was formed by a bolide (crater forming projectile) that hit the eastern shore of North America about 85 million years ago.
8. Acraman Crater: In the Top 10 List of largest impact on earth we keep Acraman crater in the 8th place. Acraman crater is a deeply eroded impact crater in the south of Australia. The crater is estimated 90km (55.9mi) in diameter and is estimated to have occurred about 580 million years ago.
9. Puchezh-Katunki: In the Top 10 List of largest impact on earth we keep Puchezh-Katunki in the 9th place. Puchezh-Katunki is a meteor crater in the Chkalousky District, in Russia. The center is about 167 millions years old. This crater is one of the only craters of the time frame, which is not associated with extinction.
10. Kara Crater: In the Top 10 List of largest impact Structures on earth we keep Kara Crater in the 10th place. Kara is a large impact crater found in the Yugorsky Peninsula, Russia. It is estimated to be about 65km (40.3mi) in diameter and over 70 million years old.