Largest Protected Areas in the World
In this Top 10 List e are going to discuss about the Top 10 List of protected areas in the world. In our world there are lots of protected areas but here we only keep the Top 10 List of protected areas in the world. Like this other post, it will be informative like the other. We hope our audience will like this very much like the others.
1. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park: In the Top 10 List of protected areas we keep Wrangell-St. Elias National Park in the 1st place. This place is located in Alaska, USA. This is also a world heritage site in the world announced by UNSCO. It is the largest national park in USA and it also then largest among the other.
2. Air and Tenere Natural Reserve: This National reserve is in of Niger and also a world heritage site. Covering both the eastern half of the Air Mountains and the western sections of the Tenere desert, there are two sections of this reserve; a nature reserve and a strict sanctuary.
3. Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park: This place is located in Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Wildlife that makes their home here includes African elephants, giraffes, African leopards, cheetahs and spotted hyenas, among others.
4. Galapagos Marine Reserve: It is one of the beautiful places in the world and also a world heritage site. The Galapagos Islands are located 1,000kilometers off the coast of Ecuador. The Galapagos Marine Reserve is the largest marine reserve in a developing country and the second largest reserve in the world.
5. Kavango-Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area: This place is located in Angola, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe. This park was established to protect a large part of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef from further damage.
6. Great Barrier Reef Marine Park: The Great Barrier Reef contains the largest cluster of corals in the world and is home to several species of exotic marine life. This park was established to protect a large part of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef from further damage.
7. Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument: This World Heritage-listed preserved area is a U.S. National Monument located in the state of Hawaii. The monument is made up of ten islands and atolls of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands.
8. Phoenix Islands Protected Area: This place is located in Republic of Kiribati. It is also one of the dangerous places in the earth. There are rumors that missing aviator Amelia Earhart crashed on one of the islands in 1937.
9. Chagos Marine Protected Area: Part of the British Indian Ocean Territory, the Chagos Marine Protected Area is the largest marine reserve in the world. Larger than the country of France, this marine reserve is located 500 kilometers south of Maldives.
10. Northeast Greenland National Park: The land is inhabited by polar bears, walrus, arctic fox, snowy owl and musk oxen, among many other species. Northeast Greenland is the most northerly national park in the world.