The site Top 10 List always provides the unique list about different matters. We know that there are many people who are interested about the architectural structure. This time in our Top 10 List, we bring Top 10 List on most amazing temples in the world.
1. Tiger’s Nest Monastery: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Tiger’s Nest Monastery in the 1st place. Tiger’s Nest Monastery, perched precariously on the edge of a 3,000-feet-high cliff in Paro Valley, is one of the holiest places in Bhutan. The monastery, formally called Taktshang Goemba, was built in 1692 and reconstructed in 1998 after a fire. This place is not open for all.
2. Golden Temple: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Golden Temple in the 4th place. The Harmandir Sahib (meaning The Abode of God) or simply the Golden Temple in Punjab, India is the most sacred shrine of Sikhism. For the Sikhs, the Golden Temple symbolizes infinite freedom and spiritual independence. The Temple itself is decorated with marble sculptures, gilded in gold, and covered in precious stones.
3. Vishnu Temple: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, in the world we keep Vishnu Temple of Srirangam in the 4th place. The temple is dedicated to Vishnu, one of three Gods in Hinduism. The Temple of Srirangam is famous for its gopurams or entrances beneath colorful pyramids. The temple has 21 gopurams total, with the largest one having 15 stories and is nearly 200 feet (60 m) tall. It is one of the most ancient Hindu temples in the world.
4. Angkor Wat: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Angkor Wat in the4th place. Angkor Wat was built in the early 12th century in what is now Cambodia. The world famous temple was first a Hindu one, dedicated to Vishnu. In the 14th or 15th century, as Buddhism swept across Asia, it became a Buddhist temple. Its compound is also amazing.
5. Wat Rong Khun: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Wat Rong Khun in the 5th place. Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Rai, Thailand is unlike any Buddhist temples in the world. The all-white, highly ornate structure gilded in mosaic mirrors that seem to shine magically, is done in a distinctly contemporary style. It took 90 years for completing this temple.
6. Shwedagon Pagoda: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Shwedagon Pagoda in the 6th place. No one knows exactly when the Shwedagon Paya (or Pagoda) in Myanmar was built – legend has it that it is 2,500 years old though archaeologists estimate that it was built between the 6th and 10th century.
7. Prambanan: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Prambanan in the 7th place. Prambanan is a Hindu temple in Central Java, Indonesia. The temple was built in 850 CE, and is composed of 8 main shrines and 250 surrounding smaller ones. This temple is for the Hindu Monkey king Hanuman.
8. Temple of Heaven: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Temple of Heaven in the 8th place. The Temple of Heaven is a Taoist temple in Beijing, the capital of China. Emperor Yongle of the Ming Dynasty (who also built the Forbidden City) constructed the temple in 14th century, as his personal temple. it is also one of the finest tourist spot in Asia.
9. Chion-in Temple: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Chion-in Temple in the 9th place. This beautiful temple was build in 1234 CE to honor the founder of Jodo (Pure Land) Buddhism, a priest named Honen, who fasted to death in the very spot. This beautiful temple is situated in Japan.
10. Borobudur: In the Top 10 List of most amazing temple, we keep Borobudur in the 10th place. In the 19th century, Dutch occupiers of Indonesia found a massive ancient ruin deep in the jungles of Java. What they discovered was the complex of Borobudur, a gigantic structure built with nearly 2 million cubic feet (55,000 m³) of stones. Until today, no one knows for sure when and why it was built or the reason for its complete abandonment hundreds of years ago.