In the Top 10 List we talk about different matters. This time we are going to talk about the Top 10 List of oldest football club. There are many people who are very interested about football and they are very interested about the football club. For them we arranged the Top 10 List of oldest football club.
1. Sheffield F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Sheffield F.C in the 1st place. This prominent English football club was established in 1857. Sheffield F.C is also the founder member of Football Association. Despite now playing their football in the semi-professional Northern Premier League, Sheffield FC’s impact on the game should not be underestimated.
2. Hallam F.C.: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Hallam F.C. in the 2nd place. This football Club was founded in the year 1860. The club’s most significant achievement was, in 1867, to triumph in the Youdan Cup, thought to be football’s first ever organized tournament. Now Hallam F.C is a second level team in English football league.
3. Cray Wanderers F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Cray Wanderers F.C in the 3rd place. This football club was established in 1860. This football club was founded in the London suburb of Bromley by the workers on the London to Kent railway. Cray Wanderers F.C is one of the oldest football clubs but the achievement is not too good.
4. Wanderers F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Wanderers F.C in the 4th place. This football club was founded in the year 1860. Along with Cray Wanderers, Wanderers F.C. – or Forest F.C. as they were originally known – was the first major football playing force to come out of the south of England, enjoying their most notable period of success throughout the 1870s. The football club is in London.
5. Worksop Town F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Worksop Town F.C in the 5th place. This football club was founded in 1861 in north-east Nottinghamshire. Despite being one of Britain’s earliest clubs, Worksop Town have struggled to ever extricate itself from non-league football, a legacy perhaps not fitting with The Tigers’ wider influence on the game.
6. Notts County F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Notts County F.C in the 6th place. This football club was founded in 1862 in Nottingham. The oldest club in Nottingham by a mere three years – a small but important distinction for The Magpies’ fans – County were one of the twelve founder members of the Football League at its establishment in 1888 and have been a part of it ever since.
7. Bradford Park Avenue A.F.C.: in the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Bradford Park Avenue A.F.C in the 7th place. Bradford Park Avenue A.F.C was founded in the year 1863 in Bradford Park Avenue. After the First World War, amidst the massive social upheavals it caused, The Avenue’s early progress was lost and the club plummeted down the leagues, a fall which culminated in their ejection from the Football League in 1970.
8. Stoke City F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Stoke City in the 8th position. This football club was established in 1863. Another of the twelve founder members of the Football League and the oldest club currently playing in the Premier League, Stoke City has enjoyed something of a recent renaissance and has become the modern standard bearers for the origins of British football.
9. Nottingham Forest F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Nottingham Forest F.C in the 9th place. The club was founded in the year 1865 in Nottingham. Six years after foundation Forest claimed their first major honor, winning the 1898 FA Cup with an emphatic 3-1 victory over bitter rivals Derby County.
10. Sheffield Wednesday F.C: In the Top 10 List of oldest football club we keep Sheffield Wednesday F.C in the 10th place. Sheffield Wednesday Originally formed as a cricket club which played its matches on a Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday football club was eventually conceived in 1867 and joined the Football League, albeit not as a founder member, in 1892.