Our most of the post is for the rich world and now we are going to talk about the Top 10 List of poorest country in the world 2012. We hope that this Top 10 List will be very informative and you all like this post very much. In every Top 10 List we always put the right information.
1. Zimbabwe: In our Top 10 List of poorest countries in the year 2012 we keep the name of Zimbabwe in the 1st place. This is an African Country. The GDP of this country is very low it’s about $200. Its economy endures many hardships; hyperinflation, unemployment, corruption and poverty. The public sector being the dominating one, Zimbabwe has a mixed economy.
2. Chad: In the 2nd place of Top 10 List of poorest countries we keep Chad and it is another African country. The political instability of the country is its prime reason for a weak economy. The GDP (purchasing power parity) in the year 2012 is approximately US$19.6 billion. It also is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.
3. Burundi: In the Top 10 List of poorest countries of the world 2012 we have to keep Burundi in the 3rd place. Burundi has a low GDP chiefly because of civil wars, poor access to education, high corruption rate, the consequences of HIV/AIDS, the lack of economic activity, poor legal system and its landlocked geography.
4. Liberia: In our Top 10 List of poorest countries in the world we keep Liberia in the 4th place. Presently Liberia is recuperating from the persistent effects of the civil war and related economic disruption, with around 85% of its population living below the international poverty line.
5. Guinea Bissau: In the Top 10 List of poorest countries in the world we keep the name of Guinea Bissau in the 5th place. Guinea Bissau, a country situated in West Africa with an estimated population of 1,600,000 has a GDP/capita of $600; one of the lowest in the world. Its human development index is also one of the lowest in the world.
6. Somalia: In the 6th place we should keep the name of Somalia in the Top 10 List of poorest countries. Somalia is one of the most dangerous countries of the world. Due to a two year state of war and inefficiency of the government it has maintained an unstable and informal economy, majorly based on remittance companies, livestock and telecommunications.
7. Central African Republic: In the Top 10 List of poorest countries in the world we keep the name of Central African Republic in the 7th place. GDP/capita of Central African Republic is $700 and the annual GDP growth rate is just above 3%. Though the country has a lot of natural resources but it is also one of the listed poorest countries of the world.
8. Eritrea: In the Top 10 List of poorest countries we keep Eritrea in the 8th place. Eritrea is a country in ‘the horn of Africa’. Like many other economies of Africa, Eritrea’s economy is also based on subsistence agriculture; 80% of its population is occupied in farming and herding, yet producing a small share of the total output.
9. Niger: In the Top 10 List of poorest countries in the world we keep the name of Niger in the 9th place. The GDP/capita being $700, Niger is a developing country with most of its land dominated by Sahara desert.
10. Sierra Leone: In the Top 10 List poorest countries of the world we keep the Sierra Leone in the 10th place. Although Sierra Leone is among the top 10 diamond producing nations of the world (being the basic source of economic earning), one of the world’s largest producers of gold, bauxite and titanium; 81.5% of its population is presently living in poverty.