1. Usain Bolt: Bolt of10 called as lightning Bolt is the top sprinter of the world. He was born on 21th August, 1986 in Jamaica. He got 1 gold medal in each of these- World Athletics Final, World Youth Championships, World Junior Championships and CAC Championships, 3 gold medals in World Championship and 3 gold medals in Olympic Games. He is the Olympic and world record holder in 4 x 100 meters, 200 meters and 100 meters relay. He is in the first position in the Top 10 List of runners.
2. Hicham El Guerrouj: Hicham or the “King of the Mile” is a Moroccan, born on 14th September, 1974. He is former middle distance runner. At present he is the holder of 2000 meters and 1500 meters world records. He won 2 gold medals in 1997 Grand Prix Indoor, 2 gold medals in 1998 Grand Prix, 8 gold medals in Golden League Championships, 4 in World Championships and 2 gold medals in Olympic Games. He is in the second position in the Top 10 List of runners.
3. Haile Gebrselassie: Haile was born on 18th April, 1973. He is an Ethiopian road running and long distance track athlete. He is two times Olympic gold medalist and won World Championship title for four times. He also won in the World Indoor Championship for four times and the Berlin Marathon four times consecutively. He is in the third position in the Top 10 List of runners.
4. Michael Johnson: Johnson is an American sprinter, born on 13th September, 1967. He has retired. He is the record holder of 4 x 400 and 400 m relay. He is the former record holder of 200 m Olympic record and indoor 400m world record. He is also the record holder of best time in 300 m. He got 4 gold medals in the Olympic and 8 medals in World Championships. He is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of runners.
5. Florence Griffith-Joyner: Flo-Jo was an American track and field athlete, born on 21st December, 1959. She is considered as the “fastest woman of all time”. She is still holding the record of both 200 m and 100 m. She won 3 gold and 2 silver medals in Olympic and 1 gold and one silver medal in World Championship. She died in 1998. She is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of runners.
6. Tegla Chepkite Loroupe: Loroupe is a Kenyan long-distance road and track runner, born on 9th May, 1973. She is a global spokeswoman of peace, education and women’s rights. She is holding the world record of 30, 25 and 20 km. She is the first African woman who won in the New York City Marathon. She won 5 gold and a silver medal in World Half-Marathon champion. She is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of runners.
7. Svetlana Alexandrovna Masterkova: Mesterkova was born on 17th January, 1968. She is a former middle distance Russian runner. She is holding the world record of mile. She wore women’s fashionable marathon gears. She won 2 gold medals in Olympics, 1 gold and 1 bronze medal in World Championships and 1 gold medal in European Championships. She is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of runners.
8. Mizuki Noguchi: Noguchi is a Japanese long-distance runner, born on 3rd July, 1978. She specializes in marathon event. In 2005 she set two world records. She won a gold medal in 2004 Olympic and a silver medal in 2003 World Championship. She is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of runners.
9. Paula Jane Radcliffe: Redcliffe was born on 17th December 1973. She is an English long-distance runner. In marathon she is the present world record holder. Radcliffe was voted as the BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 2002 and was awarded MBE. She won World Championship for one time, World Cross Country Championships for three times, Commonwealth and European Championships for one time, European Cross Country Championships for three times and European Cup foe three times. She is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of runners.
10. Toshihiko Seko: Seko was born on 15th July, 1956. He is a Japanese long-distance runner. Seko was a world-class marathon runner in the 1980s. In 1984 and 1988 Summer Olympics, he represented his native country. He won in the Fukuoka Marathon consecutively for three times, Boston Marathon two times and in other marathons like Tokyo, London, and Chicago etc. He is in the 10th position in the Top 10 List of runners.