There are many dazzling and high performance sports cars today. It is very difficult to rank them in the Top 10 List of sports cars. On the basis of reviewers review, performance, look and liability the ranking is given below.
1. Porsche Cayman: The No. 1 sports car in the Top 10 List of sports cars in 2011 Porsche Cayman. This ranking is on the basis of the reviews of the Porsche Cayman test drivers, its safety and reliability. Because of mashing speed, luxury seamlessly and agility, this car is the best luxury car in the current market. 2011 Porsche Boxster and Porsche Cayman both look nearly the same. The main difference is Cayman’s top is hard and the Boxer’s is soft. There is also difference in their performance. Cayman is much more powerful than Boxster. It can be the best sports car to buy.
2. Chevrolet Corvette: The new 2011 Chevrolet Corvette is surely an American legend. It is equipped with the V8 engine of 430 horse power and it can run up to 60 mph within just four seconds. Science 1953, Chevrolet Corvette has been high performing, stunning style, the greatest and also the most expensive sports car. The reviewers like the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette because of its large cargo hold, straight forward control and the great fuel economy. But it is not perfect. The other competitor cars offer more interior accommodations. Despite of that it is in the second position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
3. Lotus Elise: 2011 Lotus Elise is perfect for them who are looking for performance-tuned sports cars for winding roads or tracking for days. But there is warning that this car lacks the refinement than that of other sports cars. Elise can be the ideal car for track driving. But it is not ideal for daily drivers. Its suspension allows it to run fast on the twisty roads and it can be a little stiff for the urban commutes. The Lotus Elise in the third position in the Top 10 List of sports cars
4. Porsche Boxer Spyder: The Porsche Boxer is always considered as a great sports car by the automotive Press. But they are floored after driving the 2011 Porsche Boxster. They told that it is one of the great sports cars they have driven. The Boxster has always been one of the favorite sports cars, because it’s powerful, luxurious and a perfect friend on the racing track. But now the boxster has been revolutionized by the introduction of the 2011 Boxster Spyder. The spyder produces 320 horsepower which is 65 more than the Boxster. Its weight is also reduced by 176 pound. Thus it has become more than agile. It is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
5. Mercedes-Benz SLK: The 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK is a sporty handler, comfortable and fun to drive car. It is more liked for the sleek design. There are two trims of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK, 300 and 350. The Mercedes-Benz SLK350 is more liked by the reviewers the great 300 horsepower engine. The test drivers review that the both models handle very well. The Mercedes-Benz SLK’s exterior design reminds us about the SLR McLaren and the Formula 1. A negative side of this car is its overweight. It is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
6. BMW Z4: The BMW Z4 is a powerful, sleek, sexy and luxurious car. Its handling is not as sports-oriented, but it is the best choice for them who are more interested in luxury than sports performance. The high class interior design, sleek styling and the combination of plenty of performance made the BMW Z4 a desirable luxury roadster. The BMW Z4 is upgraded with the new Z4 sDrive35is which offers more power and a greater sports handling. But the upgrade cannot beat the Porsche Boxster. It is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
7. Lotus Exige: The 2010 lotus Exige is as like as a rocket on the road with the combination of mind-blowing speed and perfect handling. If anyone wants to rule the race track or the canyon roads, then the 2010 lotus Exige would be the perfect choice. However it’s not suitable for the daily use. The stiff suspension and the lack of convenience features and luxury ensure that. It is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
8. Audi TT: The 2010 Audi TT is luxurious, attractive and sporty though many of the competitors offer more sports performance. Those who like little sport coupe, all weather traction and style, the 2010 Audi TT won’t be disappointing for them. It offers a standard all-wheel drive system and a lavish internal cabin. It may not perform well in the street races but its dynamic handling is comfortable for daily use. However if anyone wants a true sports car, he should look somewhere else. It is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
9. Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0: Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 is a limited edition car that is packed with a motorsport technology. It is limited to 600 cars worldwide. It is one of the Porsche’s most popular cars. The Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 is equipped with a 4.0 liter engine which is the highest displacement of 911 engines ever. Its engine has a maximum 500 horsepower and it can reach to 60mph within 3.8 seconds. It is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
10. Porsche 918 Spyder: The Porsche 918 Spyder is a super sports car modern plug-in hybrid drive. This car will consume about three liters of fuel for 100 km. It has a V8 engine with 500 horsepower which is supported by two electric motors with 218 horsepower. If you want to own this car you will have to order right now. To own this car, you have to wait more than a year. The Porsche 918 Spyder is scheduled to commence on 18 September 2013. It is in the tenth position in the Top 10 List of sports cars.
You may also like to read these
Top 10 Fastest Cars of 2012