1. Mark Spitz: Mark Spitz is an American swimmer and has retired from swimming. He was born in 10th February 1950. In 1972 Olympic Games he won seven gold medals. Michel Phelps surpassed his achievement by winning eight gold medals in the 2008 Olympics. From 1968 to 1972 he won 9 Olympic gold medals, 1 silver, 1 bronze, 5 Pan America golds, 31 titles from US Amateur Athletic Union and 8 titles from National Collegiate Athletic Association. He set 33 records during those years. He is in the first position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
2. Matt Biondi: Biondi born in 8th October, 1965 in California. In 1984, 1988 and 1992 he was the U.S. Olympic swimmer. During those years he won 11 medals. He is one of the members of International Swimming Hall of Fame and United States Olympic Hall of Fame. From Seoul he got 5 medals and 4 world records. He is in the second position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
3. Johnny Weissmuller: Weissmuller born on 2nd July, 1904. He was a American swimmer and actor born in Hungary. He was among the best swimmers in 1920 and won 5 Olympic gold medals and a bronze medal. He won 52 US national championships and got 67 world records. After swimming career he played the role of Tarzan in the film “Tarzan”. He died on 20th January 1984. He is in the third position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
4. Ian Thorpe: Thorpe born on 13th October, 1982. He in an Australian swimmer and specializes in freestyle. He is also competes in individual medley and backstrokes. He is the Australian who won most in the Olympics. He won total 5 medals in the Olympics and in 2000 Olympic he was the most successful athlete with 3 gold medal and 2 silver medals. Thorpe is the first who has named Swimmer of the Year for four times. He is in the fourth position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
5. Michael Phelps: Phelps born on 30th July, 1985. This American swimmer won 16 Olympic medals, 6 gold and 2 bronze medals in 2004 Athens and 8 gold in 2008 at Beijing. Phelps got the record of winning most gold medals in single Olympic. Besides he also got the record of achieving most individual Olympic gold medals. He is in the fifth position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
6. Jenny Thompson: Jenny is a former competitive swimmer of America, born on 26th February, 1973. In the Olympics of 1992, 1996, 2000 and 2004 she won 12 medals including 8 gold medals. She is in the sixth position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
7. Krisztina Egerszegi: Egerszegi is a Hungarian swimmer born on 16th August, 1974. She is among the greatest Hungarian swimmer who is a former world record holder. She was the Olympic Champion for five times. She is among the two athletes who won same swimming event in three consecutive Summer Olympics. She is in the seventh position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
8. Dawn Fraser: Fraser born on 4th September, 1937 and is an Australian swimmer. She is among the two athletes who won same swimming event- 100 meter freestyle in three consecutive Summer Olympics. In Australia she is well known for her controversial behavior. She is in the eighth position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
9. Shane Gould: Shane is an Australian swimmer who born on 23th November, 1956. She won 3 gold medals, 1 silver and 1 bronze medal in the 1972 Summer Olympics. It was the best performance by an Australian at any single Olympics. She was the best Sportswoman in the World in 1971 and ABC Sportswoman of the Year in 1971 and 1972. She is in the ninth position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.
10. Kristin Otto: Otto is a German swimmer born on 7th February, 1966. In 1988 Seoul Olympic she became very famous by being the first woman to win 6 gold medals. She was also the first woman who finished the short course 100 meter backstroke within a minute. She is in the 10th position in the Top 10 List of swimmers.