1. Apple: Apple was established on 1976 in California and incorporated on 1977. Before the year 2007 its name was Apple Computer Inc. On January 9 of that year, the word “Computer” was removed. It has the most valuable technologies and is under the Microsoft Company. Apple launched the first tablet iPad in 2010. Among the first 80 days of its release, 3 million iPad was sold. In March 2011 iPad 2 was released. More than 15 million iPad 2 is sold, which is more than all other tablet PCs combind. This company is in the first position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
2. Samsung: Samsung Electronics became world’s biggest electronic company in the year of 2010 with the revenue of $133.78 billion. Its headquarters is in Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea. It is a flagship subsidiary of Samsung Group. It has sales networks and assembly plants in 65 countries of the world. On the year 2009, surpassing HP, it became world’s largest IT manufacturer. Samsung launched its tablet PC galaxy Tab in 2010. It uses Android operating system. Among the first two months Samsung sold 1 million Galaxy Tabs. Samsung is in the second position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
3. HP: Hewlett-Packard Company, most commonly referred as HP, is American multinational IT Corporation. Its headquarters is in California, USA. At first this company was started in garage of Palo Alto by Dave Packard and Bill Hewlett with an initial investment of $538 which is now world’s one of largest IT companies. HP is mainly specialized in manufacturing and developing computers, networking hardware, data storage, delivering services and designing software. HP produced a line of tablet PCs. In 2007 HP launched its first TouchSmart series tablet PCs which was introduced by Bill Gates. HP is in the third position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
4. BlackBerry: BlackBerry is very popular for its smartphones. BlackBerry also launched tablet PC. On 19 April, 2011 this company released its fast tablet PC PlayBook, putting it in the direct competition with the iPad and iPad 2. It also announced a new operating system- BlackBerry Tablet OS. About 50,000 PlayBook was sold on the first day of launch. During the end of May, 500,000 PlayBooks was sold. This company is in the fourth position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
5. Motorola: Motorola mainly known as a mobile phone manufacturer launched its first tablet PC on january 5, 2011. It runs by the Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Xoom went through FCC on February 10, 2011. The 3G version of Xoom was launched on February 24, 2011 and Wi-Fi version was launched on March 27, 2011. Among the first 6 weeks of release, about 100,000 Xoom was sold. Recently there is a rumor that Xoom2 will soon be released but it is not confirmed. This company is in the fifth position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
6. Acer: Acer Incorporated is a multinational IT and electronics corporation. It has its headquarters in Xizhi, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Acer produces products like desktops, laptops, tablet computers, servers, personal digital assistants, storage device, smartphones and displays. All of the Acer products are made by the original equipment manufacturers. In 2010 Acer first presented its tablet series PCs. Acer first launched tablet PC Iconia Tab in April 2011. This Iconia series is very popular among the tablet PCs. This company is in the sixth position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
7. Sony: Sony Corporation is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation which is commonly referred as Sony. Its headquarters is in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. Among the world’s largest media conglomerate, it is fifth (FY2010). Sony Corporation is divided in some sectors. They are Sony Corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Sony Financial Holdings and others. Sony first launched tablet PCs Sony S1 in April 2011. It runs by the Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Sony is in the seventh position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
8. LG: LG is a popular company in recent TV market. In early 90’s, formerly known as Goldster, it produced low-budget electronic products. Goldster was a Korean electronics manufacturer starter in 1958. In 1995 it changed into LG Electronics. The first tablet developed by LG is the G-Slate. It was released in March 2011. This device also runs by the Android 3.0 Honeycomb. This company is in the eighth position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
9. HTC: HTC Corporation, formerly High Tech Corporation is mainly a Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer. Mainly it made smartphones on Windows Mobile OS. But recently as from 2010 it started to manufacture smartphones using Android OS. In 2011 at the Mobile World Congress HTC announced its first tablet PC HTC Flyer. It will release in the second quarter of this year. It will run with the Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). HTC is in the ninth position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.
10. Toshiba: Toshiba Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo of Japan, is a Japanese multinational company. Toshiba produces customer’s products and electronic devices like TV and laptop. There are Toshiba-made Semiconductors in the list of Top 20 Semiconductors of the world. Toshiba makes tablet PC named Toshiba Thrive. It is a 10.1” tablet computer which runs by the 3.1 Honeycomb. This company is in the last position in the Top 10 Lists of tablet PC manufacturers.