1. Amana: Amana Corporation is an American manufacturer of household appliance founded by George Foerstner in 1934. At first it was named as The Electrical Equipment Co. Later Amana Society acquired this company. It’s owned by the Whirlpool Corporation. Amana produces wide range of products including ovens, furnace, dishwashers, countertops, cloth washer and drier etc. It first began the production of air conditioners in 1954. Science then it is one of the leaders of air conditioner market. This company is in the first position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
2. Carrier: In 1902 Willis Carrier invented air conditioner. Bearing his name Carrier Corporation succeeded in marketing air conditioner in 1950. Carrier Corporation is now among the biggest manufacturers of (HAVC) system and the biggest manufacturer of air conditioner in the world. The brands: Weathermaker air conditioners and furnaces, Weathermaster commercial units and Centurion rooftop units are included in Carrier. This company is in the second position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
3. Lennox: Lennox International Inc. is American manufacturing company. The company was founded by Dave Lennox in 1895. Its headquarters is in Richardson, Texas, near Dallas. Through the subsidiaries, it provides the climate control products for ventilation, heating, refrigeration and air conditioning. Now it focuses on the four core business: Commercial Heating and Cooling, Residential Heating and Cooling, Refrigeration and Service Experts. This company is in the third position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
4. Trane: Trane is the successor company of American Standard Company and a subsidiary of the Ingersoll Rand. Its headquarters is in Piscataway, New Jersey. It is one of the global providers of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system and building management system. It controls everything under the American Standard and Trane brand names. It offers service, part supports and financial solutions. This company is in the fourth position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
5. American Standard: American Standard Companies, Inc. was a international manufacturer of kitchen and bath products, air conditioning system & service and vehicle control system. In 2007 this company divested the others except the air conditioning business and renamed to Trane. It is a company which is listed in Fortune 500. This company is in the fifth position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
6. Haier: Haier Group is a multinational manufacturer of home appliance and consumer electronics. Its headquarters is in Qingdao, Shandong, People’s Republic of China. This company in 2010 had world’s largest share in white goods. It produces wide range of products including televisions, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, computers, mobile phones etc. It is one of the popular manufacturers of air conditioners. Haier also markets air conditioners under the name Anama. This company is in the sixth position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
7. LG: In early 90’s, formerly known as Goldster, LG produced low-budget electronic products. Goldster was a Korean electronics manufacturer starter in 1958. In 1995 it changed into LG Electronics and start producing quality white goods. LG is one of the leaders in the electronics market. LG markets quality air conditioners of both high and low budget. This company is in the seventh position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
8. GE: GE or General Electronic Company is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Connecticut, United States. There are four segments of this company Technology Infrastructure, Energy, Consumer & Industrial and Capital Finance. In 2011 GE were sixth largest company and fourteenth most profitable company in US. This company is the leader of market-share if the window air conditioners. GE makes Energy Star certified units. This company is in the eighth position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
9. Kenmore: Kenmore brand is owned by KCD IP, LLC. It sells household appliance manufactured by other companies like GE, Panasonic, Whirlpool, Electrolux etc. In 1927 Kenmore branded product was first sold which was a washing machine. Kenmore’s “Elite” line appliance is upscale line and “Kenmore Pro” line is professional line. Kenmore brand air conditioner is made by the LG. Its units are also certified by Energy Star. This company is in the ninth position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.
10. Sharp: Sharp Corporation is a multinational company of Japan, founded in 1912, headquartered in Osaka, Japan. It manufactures and designs electronic products. At first it used to product mechanical pencil and slowly it become one of the biggest electronic companies. Sharp is a small player in the air conditioner market. Its units are certified by Energy Star. This company is in the last position in the Top 10 Lists of air conditioner manufacturers.