1. Samsung: Samsung Electronics became world’s biggest electronic company in the year of 2010 with the revenue of $133.78 billion. Its headquarters is in Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea. It is a flagship subsidiary of Samsung Group.
It has sales networks and assembly plants in 65 countries of the world. Samsung is now one of the largest manufacturers of refrigerators. It produces hi-quality and durable refrigerators. Soon Samsung will bring out a French-door refrigerator which is expected to be the biggest French-door refrigerator in US market. Samsung is in the first position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
2. LG: In early 90’s, formerly known as Goldster, LG produced low-budget electronic products. Goldster was a Korean electronics manufacturer starter in 1958.
In 1995 it changed into LG Electronics and start producing quality white goods. LG is leader in the refrigerator market. It produces high-end, stylish and luxury refrigerators packed with advanced technologies. LG manufactures all types of refrigerators. LG is in the second position on the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
3. Whirlpool: Whirlpool Corporation is headquartered in Benton Charter Township, Michigan, United States. It is a multinational manufacturer of home appliance. In 2006 after acquiring Maytag Corporation, it became the biggest home appliance manufacturer passing the Electrolux. Whirlpool is listed in the fortune 500.
It has around 70 research centers over the world. This company markets products in many brand names like Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Amana, Inglis, Brastemp, Consul etc over the world. Whirlpool refrigerators are very popular. They are very popular for measured-fill dispenses system in their water dispenser. This company is in the third position on the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
4. GE: GE or General Electronic Company is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Connecticut, United States. There are four segments of this company Technology Infrastructure, Energy, Consumer & Industrial and Capital Finance.
In 2011 GE were sixth largest company and fourteenth most profitable company in US. GE produces a long line of GE refrigerators which includes facilities like LCD monitors, fold-away shelves or refreshment center. This company is in the fourth position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
5. KitchenAid: The home appliance brand KitchenAid is owned by the Whirlpool Corporation. This company was founded in 1919 by Hobart Corporation to supply mixers to the restaurants.
In 1986 this company was acquired by the Whirlpool Corporation. KitchenAid’s major competitors are Electrolux, GE, Bosch and Fagor. This company’s refrigerators are of high-end, extra geared and heavily sold by the independent dealers. This company is in the fifth position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
6. Electrolux: The Electrolux Group is mainly an appliance maker from Sweden. It was formed in 1918 by an agreement between the company Lux AB and Svenska Elektron AB and soon it became a success appliance manufacturer.
In 2010 it was the second largest appliance manufacturer. Besides its own brand its products are sold under variety of other brands. According to the Forbes Magazine Electrolux is among the top five manufacturers of durable goods. Electrolux make world-class luxury refrigerators. This company is in the sixth position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
7. Sub-Zero Freezer Company: In 1945 the Sub-Zero Freezer Company was formed headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin. The founder was Westye F. Bakke in Madison. In 2000 this company acquired the Wolf Range Corporation. Sub-Zero competes with Thermador, Viking, GE, KitchenAid, Miele etc.
Sub-Zero produces refrigerators which are slightly different from others. It introduces new types of refrigerators with new technology and style. This company is in the seventh position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
8. Kenmore: Kenmore brand is owned by KCD IP, LLC. It sells household appliance manufactured by other companies like GE, Panasonic, Whirlpool, Electrolux etc. In 1927 Kenmore branded product was first sold which was a washing machine. Kenmore’s “Elite” line appliance is upscale line and “Kenmore Pro” line is professional line. Kenmore produces some high-end refrigerators. Kenmore Elite Trio and Kenmore Elite are very popular lines of refrigerators. This company is in the eighth position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
9. Thermador: Thermador was started in 1916. It is a brand which is fully owned and a part of BSH home Appliance Corporation, third biggest appliance manufacturer of the world. Thermadr specilizes in cooking related equipment like cooktops, ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators. Thermador refrigerators are high in beauty, functionality, efficiency and luxury. Its refrigerators are sold through the independent dealers. This company is in the ninth position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.
10. Viking: Viking Range Corporation is a manufacturer that makes high-end home appliance. It is headquartered in Greenwood, Mississippi. It first introduced professional-grade appliance in 1987.
Now this company offers premium segment of appliance including cooking, kitchen clean-up, ventilation and refrigeration. Last year it entered in the freestanding market with side-by-side and French-door refrigerators. This company is in the last position in the Top 10 Lists of refrigerator manufacturers.