Cat is a very popular pet animal. This animal is so popular because of their being useful, lovely, clam and loyal pet. Old Egyptians believe that they are god. Cats are divided by some species. In these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World we will talk about those popular species. So, here is the Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
1. The Oriental: The Oriental is related to the Siamese. This cat has big notable ears and an inquisitive personality. The Oriental cat is very smart and social. It usually makes a bonding with its owner. This cat can be loyal and playful companion. Its silky body is more muscular than it would appear. It is very quite vocal and demanding. More or less it’s dog-like cat. So it is in the 1st position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
2. The American Shorthair: This is an athletic cat. It descended from the British Shorthair but is larger, leaner and more powerful than it is across the pond counter-part. It comes in a wide range of colors and patterns and is also a very long-lived kitty. Its lifespan is usually 15 to 20 years not being out of ordinary. The American Shorthair is great with kids and even gets along well with dogs, too. American shorthair is healthy, gentle, easy going and low maintenance-grooming. This breed is in the 2nd position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World. Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
3. The Birman: This beautiful cat is originated from Burma. Legend has it the Birman cat was the protector of the Burmese temples. It’s a large, long, sturdy cat with long silky hair. These cats are world famous for their blue eyes, dark points on its ears, face, legs and tail and snow-white boots on all four paws. This loving, gentle cat loves to play but it can quiet and out of the way when you’re busy. The Birman is in the 3rd position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
4. The Sphynx: The Sphynx is an exotic cat breed. The hairless Sphynx isn’t completely hairless. It actually has fine peach-like fuzz over its body, which makes it very sensitive to the sun and elements. It is considered as an indoor cat. It is warm to touch, cuddly, energetic and affectionate. With its big pointy ears and curious nature it’s a fun addition to any family. So, it is in the 4th position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
5. The Ragdoll: This cat is named after its breeder in early 60s because the cat was very relaxed and floppy when picked up. The Ragdoll is a gentle and affectionate cat, often following its owners from room to room like a puppy. This kitty is not good at defending itself and shouldn’t be allowed to roam the streets alone. In fact, it is very careful not to use teeth and claws during play, which makes it ideal around kids. The hair of the Ragdoll is full and plush and requiring regular grooming. It is in the 5th position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
6. The Siamese: The 6th position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World belongs to the Siamese. They are very verbally demanding in wanting attention, but it’s also a very loving, social and affectionate cat. The Siamese can be very sensitive and nervous and is a creature of habit and routine. The Siamese comes in a number of colors, but the points-the dark patches on the face, ears, paws and tail are integral to the breed.
7. The Abyssinian: It is one of the oldest breeds of cat. The Abyssinian resembles an ancient Egyptian cat with its lithe build, large pointy ears and slender legs. This is a willful, smart and extroverted cat that loves to explore and play. Its love of games is only matched by its curious nature; the Abyssinian is generally shy and timid around strangers. The Abyssinian is most comfortable in a home environment that best suits it’s loyal and people-nature. It is in the 7th position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
8. The Exotic Shorthair: This is a short-haired version of the Persian. With its squashed face and rounded ears, the Exotic Shorthair looks more like a cuddly teddy bear than a cat. While having a similar temperament to its long-haired cousin, this cat is a bit more lively and inquisitive, but stills very much clam and laid back. The Exotic Shorthair is a great for someone who wants a Persian but doesn’t have the time or desire to devote grooming. It is in the 8th position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.
9. The Maine Coon: The 9th position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World belongs to the Maine Coon. This beautiful cat is a native to Maine and also the largest of the domestic cat breeds. It looks very feline and takes three to four years to reach full physical maturity. It has very thick fur with a waterproof layer, large wide paws that act like snow shoes for walking easily across snow and a long, thick tail used to wrap about its face during harsh weather. It is not only for its temperament, but it’s also a great mouser. It is also healthy and hardy.
10. The Persian: Everyone knows the Persian cat. Renowned for its long silky fur, expressive eyes and squashed face, the Persian is also one of the oldest cat breeds. Clam and sweetly affectionate, this cat loves habit and serene environments. Persians are the quintessential indoor cats, it is best to keep this breed exclusively indoors. The Persian does require regular baths and daily grooming, as its fur is too long for it to self-groom thoroughly and it is prone to matting. It is in the 10th position of these Top 10 Cat Breeds in the World.