Using internet and not being hacked, those are the luckiest people on earth and by following these top 10 e-safety tips you can become one of those lucky people. You can’t know when you will get robbed of information online or when your information will be used by others without your knowing so being serious and careful while using internet for jobs and providing information is the best way to stay safe.
Top 10 e-Safety or Internet Safety Tips
If you search for internet safety or e-safety tips, I can guarantee you will find over a thousand tips but how to follow over 1000 tips or even know and learn from them. So, what to do? The answer is simple, just find the most useful and authentic tips and those will make sure you stay safe while using internet for work at home jobs or other personal or professional uses. We researched a lot and read experts comment from authentic sources like Google, Microsoft, Avira, MCAFEE, KASPERSKY and others to make this Top 10 e-Safety Tips list. Just follow this list and you will be safe from 99.99% hacking or information stealing attempt.
1. Password is the 1st thing you must secure the most. Use complex combination password and don’t use same password for different places or accounts. Also, we always tend to forget passwords so make sure your remember your password but always use complex combination password.
2. Personal Information is the main thing that will be stolen regularly if you can’t protect them. Don’t use your personal information to unprotected sites or places and only provide information those are needed. Keep your personal information private wherever possible, don’t make them public unless needed on social media specially.
3. Antivirus will ensure safe browsing and keep your computers and other devices safe from external attacks so keep you antivirus always updated and only use antivirus from reputable sources.
4. Software are essential to operate any modern devices and computers. Outdated software are tend to be attached by hacker because they are less secure than updated software so update your software regularly.
5. 2FA or Two Factor Authentication is an updated security option that many sites specially on eCommerce and banking sites use nowadays. You have to provide password to login then they will send you an authentication code to your mobile or email to confirm and after providing the code you can login. Use 2FA for all sites login if they offer this option.
6. Public Wifi, please don’t use them unless you have extra protection for your devices or extremely needed because public wifi is the best place to spread viruses from one device to another and it increases the possibility of being hacked.
7. Safe Browsing will ensure maximum safety from harmful sources and if your browser tells about any unsecured source then it will be better for you to not visit that source. But if needed, use extreme caution to visit harmful leveled sites by the browser.
8. Secure Internet Connection are available on all areas so use the secure internet connection instead of shared internet connection. Secure connection will provide extra layer of security for your uses because you will the only one using that connection.
9. SmartPhone Protection is needed because nowadays all things can be done using smartphone and you need to protect your smartphone from illegal accesses. There are various types of reputable smartphone antivirus sources so get the best one for your phone.
10. Downloading from Unsafe Sources can install unwanted files or viruses on your computers and devices so never do that. Download everything from safe, secure and reputable sources, and if anything ask to install some software to download then avoid that to be safe and secure online.
There are many more things about internet or e-security but if you have enough knowledge and experiences then you can be safe all the time. Otherwise use these simple list of Top 10 e-Safety Tips and we can ensure you will be safe almost every-time.