We researched and tested 32 different organic green tea brands for 2 weeks to find the best organic green tea brand and Davidson’s Tea Organic Green Tea is the best organic green tea brand in the world.
Why Green Tea is so popular? Its a common question everyone asks and to seek out the answer is just simple, green tea is the best source for quality antioxidants than all other foods and drinks available on earth. Where 1000 grams apple contains 127 milligrams of antioxidants and 500 grams red wine contains same amount of antioxidants but if you know how much antioxidants is in 1 gram of green tea, you will surely be astonished: 127 milligrams antioxidants can be found in just 1 gram of green tea. That’s why the best green tea brand in the world is such a hot topic. You should read our 10 Proven Health Benefits Of Green Tea lists to know more about green tea and how awesome its health benefits are!
Table of Content
Green Tea Brands Reviews
So, which type of green tea to drink: organic green tea or refined green tea or flavored green tea? Green Tea comparison is a better way to show the customers about how each one fair with the others. Researches show that organic green tea or regular green tea contains highest number of antioxidants and it is most helpful for good health and longer and younger life and body. Best green tea weight loss is the most searched item about green tea on the internet because the healthiest green tea can keep you body younger for longer time by the best green tea brands for weight loss. We do our research based on facts, laboratory results, customer reviews and do top 10 green tea brands comparison to find the the best 10 green tea brands list.
Green tea is one of the favorite drinks in the world and seeking out the best organic green tea brand in the world is no easy task. Here we are going to tell you about some organic green tea brands in the world. We are sure that organic green tea loving people will like this article very much. Here is Top 10 Green Tea Brands in the world. Let’s have a look.
Best Organic Green Tea Brands
Davidson’s Tea Organic Green Tea
Davidson’s Tea Organic Green Tea is the top pick of our top 10 green tea brands. It is a 16 ounce or 1 pound bag of organic green tea solely produced and imported from China. This USDA certified organic green tea brand is deep flavored and contains caffeine. It is our top green tea brands for its unique and original flavors and it contains all raw antioxidants like the organic green tea leaves have so you will get everything you need from the healthiest green tea. As the best green tea brand in the world it is the best green tea weight loss and best green tea brand for skin too.
Twinings Organic Pure Green Tea
We all know tea is more than just a drink, it is a part of daily life for people for more than 3 centuries and the Twinings Organic Pure Green Tea is a renowned tea brands to make into our top 10 tea brands list. This is a 4 ounce box with 16 count organic green tea bags. This full natural green tea has exciting flavor without containing any filler or chemical and the Twinings Organic Pure Green Tea is made in USA. This is USDA approved natural green tea brand and one of the best green tea for weight loss as described in the Green Tea comparison chart.
Numi Organic Full Leaf Green Tea
Seeking for a renowned organic green tea brand that provided natural flavored and fully intact organic green tea bags then Numi Organic Full Leaf Green Tea will be in your top 10 organic tea brands top list. The package contains 3 packs of green tea weighted 6.4 ounces where each pack contains 18 organic green tea bags. Each tea bag contains well-rounded and smooth flavors while containing caffeine. Numi Organic Full Leaf Green Tea is USDA certified and best for weight loss and one of the best green tea brand for skin.
Choice Organic Japanese Green Tea
Japan is the origin of green tea and Choice Organic Japanese Green Tea is the best flavored Japanese green tea brand among top 10 organic green tea brands list. The 11 ounce green tea box has 16 tea bags and each bag has original green color and legendary flavor because of its unique steamed and production process to provide the best feel and ingredients intact. Choice Organic Japanese Green Tea is the healthiest green tea brands on the market and best green tea brand for weight loss and healthier body and mind. This is one of the best available organic Japanese origin green tea according to the Green Tea comparison chart.
Lipton Green Tea
Some might wonder this top 10 list of green tea brands might not contain Lipton Green Tea but we are no fool to leave Lipton Green Tea out of our top 10 list of green tea brands. Lipton is a famous tea producing company which provides 100% natural and organic green tea from finest tea leaves from all around the world. They don’t add extra caffeine or additives or chemicals or flavors in their products, everything the tea has only organic and natural. The total package is 12 ounce, and you will get the healthiest green tea from them. There is no excuse or complain about Lipton Green Tea because they are the best green tea brand in the world and the best green tea brand for skin.
Yogi Teas Best Organic Green Tea
Yogi Teas Best Organic Green Tea is the best they can provide and surely they provide more than they look to make into the top 10 green tea brands in the US. They collect only the best quality green tea leaves from China, India and Sri Lanka to provide high quality original colored and flavored green tea. Each pack contains 16 tea bags and the package contains 6 pack weighted 14 ounces. If you are looking for the best green tea for weight loss then Yogi Teas Best Organic Green Tea is most suitable for you. While reading and testing the Green Tea comparison chart, you can confirm its worthiness with others. This is USDA certified organic green tea brands and all tea lovers with the healthiest green tea loving mentality will love this tea brand.
Numi Organic Loose Leaf Green Tea
Numi Organic Loose Leaf Green Tea is another popular green tea product from Numi Organic Tea. This is a loose leaf green tea where the other listed Numi green tea in our top 10 green tea brands is tea bags. Some people like to have loose leaf instead of tea bag and this is the best loose leaf green tea brand in the world. The pack contains 16 ounces of green tea with the best flavor and natural tea leaves makes it the healthiest green teas among a handful of other quality loose leaf green tea brands. It is most suitable as the best green tea for skin and weight loss.
Lipton Diet Organic Green Tea
As one of the best green tea brand in the world, Lipton produces regular green teas along specific green tea for weight loss and the Lipton Diet Organic Green Tea is the best weight loss green tea on the market. The package contains 12 packs weighted 16.9 ounces. It is mixed with berry to add extra flavor in the green tea and thus makes it the best diet organic green tea and surely it helps to loss weight faster than others green teas on the market. According to the Green Tea comparison chart it is better than many other types of green tea. This is the best green tea for weight loss and it has a flavor that everyone will surely like.
Newman’s Own Organics Green Tea
Newman’s Own Organics Green Tea is a specialized green tea that comes with 40 tea bags in a pack and 6 packs complete 2.3 lbs package. This is an USDA certified organic green tea to provide great flavor and original nutrients to the drinkers. It is a great and best green tea for weight loss and it is also best green tea for skin. As one of the healthiest green tea brands it will always satisfy your thrust for high quality green tea.
Traditional Medicinals Organic Green Tea
Traditional Medicinals Organic Green Tea is the last item of our top 10 green tea brands and is one of the best green tea brand in the world. The full 1 pound package contains 6 packs where each pack contains 16 full flavored green tea bags. Total package contains 96 tea bags. This green tea comes with original flavor and unique taste. This is an USDA certified and Non-GMO verified organic green tea brand. Great as green tea for skin and green tea for weight loss and green for better health. If you do Green Tea comparison then it will be no less than any other of this variant.
Green Tea Buying Guide
What is Green Tea?
If you are new to tea drinking, then you can’t possibly understand the differences between green tea and regular black tea. But if you have enough experience of drinking tea then you will understand the differences. Both types of tea come from the same plant named Camellia Sinensis. The differences lie with the processing not with the leaves. As the name suggested, green tea is green colored, where regular teas are black colored.
Green Tea Processing
Usually the tea leaves will be swiftly steamed or pan-fired to be heated and dried up to keep the original green color and flavor intact. If the process takes too much time, then the leaves color will be brown, and it will lose much of its organic flavor. Usually green tea can have green color but sometimes it can be light brown or yellow depending on the processing and desired flavor and color.
Origins of Green Tea
Like the regular tea, green tea has originated in China. As the legend about green tea, it was first discovered as a drink by Chinese Emperor named Shennong as the original place it was invented at the Yunnan province of China. You must know for reference that about the 380 types of tea available in the world, 260 come from the Yunnan province. It is the birth place of all tea varieties.
There is another legend about the origin of green tea that the Buddhist monks invented this tea to help their meditation instead of wine which has severe side effects for using in meditation. Around the 12th century, a young Buddhist monk took some tea seeds and leaves to Japan with the processing knowledge, and within a few decades it became most popular drinks in Japan. There are many types of green tea available in the modern age and many countries including China, Japan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Taiwan, New Zealand, Hawaii produces different varieties of green teas. You can even find green tea of South Carolina origin.
Caffeine Content in Green Tea
Green tea contains really low amount of caffeine comparing with other types of teas where coffee contains the highest concentration of caffeine among similar drinks. The level of caffeine in green tea can vary for different types of green tea based on its processing method. As an example, 250 ml or one glass green tea can have 20-40 mg caffeine where regular black tea can have 20-60 mg and regular coffee can have 90-200 mg caffeine. So, if you have problem with caffeine check the caffeine content in green tea before buying that green tea brand.
Types of Green Tea
You can countless types of green tea on the market and it can vary based on the processing systems, different regions, different cultivation methods or climates. Though green teas are produced all over the world where regular teas also produced but the most prominent and popular green tea types are from China and Japan. We know more than 100 variants of green teas from China and Japan but listed the most popular of them here.
Types of Japanese Green Tea
There are a lot variety of Japanese green tea and many of them have specific taste and flavor to recon with. We created this top 10 Japanese green tea list based on their popularity among the drinkers.
Types of Chinese Green Tea
China is the mother place or origin of green tea and they have over a hundred types of green tea. Making this top 10 Chinese green tea list wasn’t an easy task. We make this list based on popularity.
- Long Jing (Dragonwell)
- Hou Kui
- Chun Mee
- Huangshan Maofeng
- Lu’an Melon Seed
- Taiping Houkui
- Xinyang Maojian
- Hou Kui
How to Prepare Green Tea?
A common question about preparing green tea is how to prepare green tea? Brewing the tea can different for different types of green tea because each type of green tea has specific steeping time and brewing temperature. Usually the packages have specific instruction included but if not ask the vendor about it. Here are the basic instructions for how to prepare green tea, but for detailed instruction for specific types of green tea you should follow the given instruction with the package.
- Use should you cold filtered water and spring water will be the best choice.
- You should use low 160-180 degrees temperature because green tea can’t handle high temperature and in high temperature it can lose its flavor, color and taste.
- Scorching the tea is strictly prohibited.
- Having an electric kettle or teapot will help you adjust the temperature but if you don’t have it then keep the boiled water for a few minutes then use it on the green tea.
- 2 grams of green tea is enough for 8 ounces water but if your green tea brand comes with another ratio you must follow them.
- Steeping tea must be covered to keep the flavor and taste intact.
- You should steep the tea for about a minute, but some types of green tea may need 2-3 minutes of steeping.
- You can steep multiple times for most high-quality types of green tea.
- Adding minimum sugar with green tea to remove bitterness is ok but it can change the taste and flavor a little bit but adding milk isn’t recommended because the milk will change the green tea taste, flavor and color exponentially.
These are some common tips for how to prepare green tea and you should follow the provided instructions along with these instructions. After brewing a few times, you will achieve the skill to properly prepare green tea.
Green Tea Nutrition
Green tea contains low calories and no fat, perfect for having green tea all day long without increasing the body weight and have all the healthy benefits. Here is the list of nutrients green tea contains. The amount is for regular 100 ml green tea drink.
- Calorie: 2
- Potassium: 27 mg
- Magnesium: 2 mg
- Total Fat: 0 mg
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2 g
- Vitamin C: 6 mg
- Protein: 2 g
- Calcium: 3 mg
- Riboflavin (B2): 05 mg
- Folic Acid (Folate): 16 g
- Iron: 2 mg
- Vitamin B6: 01 mg
- Manganese: 31 mg
The research also shows that 1 gram of green tea contains 127 mg of antioxidants which is the highest concentration of antioxidants on any drink or edible foods on earth and we all know how important antioxidant for health.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea has many health benefits, some of them are proven and some of them are speculated but we can assure you that most of the speculated health benefits of green tea have some facts and reasons to believe them. Means they aren’t proven yet but they aren’t false or bogus info either. Please check the health benefits of green tea lists below. The green tea health benefits list doesn’t cover all the benefits but most of the important ones.
- Green tea contains polyphenols and it helps reduce the blood pressure and bad cholesterol level in the blood.
- Green tea is good for reducing the risk of diabetes type 2 and even if you already affected with diabetes, it will increase the metabolism that helps to create proper level of insulin.
- Green tea helps you to prevent gum diseases.
- It is a well-known fact that green tea helps to reduce body weight.
- Green tea contains vitamin E and C along with zeaxanthin, lutein and all these will help your eyes.
- Green tea works as a Natural Anti-Inflammatory
- There are some researches that proves the effect of green tea on allergies
- Green tea helps to control irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Depression can become harmful for body and mind and green tea will relieve you from depression
- Green tea helps to keep the heart rate and blood pressure under control thus helps to reduce different heart diseases.
- If you want healthier arteries, then green tea is a better option than medicine
- Green tea is a natural antibiotic and helps your body to kill all harmful bacteria
- Parkinson’s disease is common in older people and it is believed that green tea antioxidants help preventing Parkinson’s disease.
- Headaches can be a problem if happens frequently and green tea will help you reduce frequent or regular Headaches
- If you have bad breath problem, then green tea is a better option to get rid of it
- Alzheimer’s has become common in this modern age and antioxidants of green tea can prevent this or reduce the effect of it.
- If you add green tea with sunscreen then it can help you prevent harmful UV rays to be in your body
- If you have cold problem, you can drink green tea to prevent spreading the cold and it will also help you cure it a lot faster
- Some researches indicate that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can be cured or prevented using green tea
- Green tea will help early teeth loss for older people
- Its not proven but many believe that genital warts can be healed by green tea
- Researches show that specific cancers can be cured or prevent spreading by green tea
- Cervical cancer and HPV can be cured by green tea
- Green tea helps to reduce kidney stones building process
- Green tea is good for skincare and it helps the aging skin cells become active again and prevent becoming skin cancer cells
- Down Syndrome is common among many people and green tea helps to reduce its effect on cells.