In this Top 10 List e are going to talk about the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world. There are lots of people who are always interested about the largest. For those audiences we keep this post in our Top 10 List. We hope that our all audience will like this post very much and in the same time this post will be very informative for you all.
1. Angkor Wat Temple: In the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world we should keep this temple in the 1st place. Angkor Wat (”City Temple”) is a vast temple complex featuring the magnificent remains of several capitals of the Khmer Empire, from the 9th to the 15th century AD. These include the famous Angkor Wat temple, the largest temple in the world. The Angkor temple stands on a raised terrace above the rest of the city.
2. Karnak (Great Hypostyle Hall): In the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world we should keep this in the 2nd position. It is the largest ancient temple complex in the world, and represents the combined achievement of many generations of Egyptian builders. Karnak actually consists of several temples. One of most famous structures of Karnak is the Hypostyle Hall, a hall area of 5,000 m2 (50,000 sq ft).
3. Borobudur: In the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world we must put this temple in the 3rd place. Located on the Indonesian island of Java, 40 km (25 miles) northwest of Yogyakarta, the Borobudur is the largest Buddhist temple in the world. The temple was built over a period of some 75 years in the 8th and 9th centuries by the kingdom of Sailendra, out of an estimated 2 million blocks of stone.
4. Akshardham Temple: In the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world we should this temples in the 4th place. The building was inspired and moderated by Pramukh Swami Maharaj, the current head of Swaminarayan Hinduism. The central monument is 43 meters (141 feet) high, 96 meters (316 feet) wide, and 110 meters (370 feet) long.
5. Sri Ranganathaswamy: In the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world we keep this temple in the 5th place. The oldest structure of the temple dates back to the 10th century. There are 21 gopurams (tower), among which the Rajagopuram is the biggest temple in South India. It is 73 meters (240 feet) in height, and dates from the 17th century, although it was only completed in 1987.
6. Jetavanaramaya: In the Top 10 List of largest temples we must keep this temple in the 6thplace. Located in the city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka, the Jetavanaramaya is the largest stupa in the world if measured by volume. The temple was built by king Mahasena in the 3rd century AD and took 15 years to complete.
7. Tikal: In the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world we put the name of Tikal in the 7th place. Tikal Guatemala was the largest Mayan city between ca. 200 to 900 AD with an estimated population between 100,000 and 200,000 inhabitants. Tikal contains 6 very large step pyramids. The largest, Temple-pyramid IV, is some 72 meters (230 feet) high and was finished around 720 AD.
8. Temple of Saint Sava: In the Top 10 List of largest temple in the world we must keep this temple in the 8th place. The Temple of Saint Sava in Belgrade is the largest Orthodox Church building in the world. It is dedicated to the founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church. The construction of the church began in 1985 and was mostly completed by 2004.
9. Temple of Christ the Saviour: In the Top 10 List of largest temple in the world we must keep this temple in the 9th place. One of the most imposing and controversial buildings in Moscow, the resurrected Temple of Christ the Saviour has had a short but turbulent history. It was originally commissioned after the defeat of Napoleon, but construction did not begin until 1839. Visit here with family on Easter holidays.
10. Baalbek: In the Top 10 List of largest temples in the world we should keep this temple in the 10th place. Baalbek, also called Heliopolis, is a spectacular archaeological site in northeastern Lebanon. From the 1st century BC and over a period of two centuries, the Romans built three temples here: Jupiter, Bacchus and Venus.