For every civilized nation cities are very important and potential matter. In this Top 10 List we are going to talk about the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world. We sure our audience will like this post very much.
1. Gaziantep: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Gaziantep in the 1st position. This oldest city is located in Turkey the age of this city is about 5660 year. The stone houses and vibrant bazaars are bordered by beautiful gardens and vineyards, combining in a spectacular sight anywhere you turn.
2. Jerusalem: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Jerusalem in the 2nd place. It’s a holy city for three different religions Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. It is one of the world heritage site declared by UNSCO. Jerusalem is divided into three parts, West Jerusalem, the rapidly developing commercial part of the city, East Jerusalem, home for the majority of the Arab population, and the Old City, a truly breathtaking location.
3. Kirkuk: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Kirkuk in the 3rd place. With archaeological remains that are over 5,000 years old, Kirkuk is an important city for the Kurdish identity and also the center of the Iraqi petroleum industry.
4. Zurich: In the Top 10 List of oldest and peaceful cities in the world we keep Zurich in the 4th place. It is the capital city of Switzerland. The oldest cities in Europe and also the biggest city in Switzerland, Zurich were established in Roman times under the name Tariku. The city is about 5000 years old.
5. Konya: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Konya in the 5th position. Located 250 km from the Mediterranean Sea and 500 km from the Black Sea, at an altitude of over 1000 meters in the Anatolian steppe, Konya is one of Turkey’s most fascinating cities, full of mosques and museums. The city was established about 2800 B.C.
6. Giza: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Giza in the 6th position. It holds one of the most important attractions in Egypt“the Pyramids of Giza, coupled with the Sphinx at the base of the Giza plateau. Giza’s desert plateau will be part of the Grand Museum of Egypt.
7. Xian: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Xian in the 7th position. With a history of over 3,000 years, the city is one of the most important in Chinese history, being one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China. The abundance of relics and sites of important cultural significance gained the city the title of a Natural History Museum.
8. Asyut: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Asyut in the 8th place. This city is about 4200 years old. The shield of a king named Recamai, who reigned in Upper Egypt (probably during the “shepherd dynasty” in the “Lower Country”), has been discovered in Asyut.
9. Luxor: In the Top 10 List of oldest cities in the world we keep Luxor in the 9th place. Luxor was the ancient city of Thebes, the great capital of Egypt during the New Kingdom, and the glorious city of the God Amon-Ra. The city is about 4200 years old.
10. Lisbon: In the Top 10 List of oldest cites in the world we keep Lisbon in the 10th place. The city was under Roman rule from 205 BC, when it was already a 1000 year old town. Lisbon was first inhabited by Iberian people, responsible for building the megaliths. After centuries of growing, Lisbon is now one of the liveliest cities in Europe. The city is about 400 years old.