In the Top 10 List we always try to write about top 10 informative matters. This time we are going to tell you about the Top 10 List of search engines. We hope that this Top 10 List will be very informative and our audience will be benefited by this information.
1. Google: In the Top 10 List of Search Engines we keep Google in the list place. It is the most popular website and search engine. You can know about anything by using Google. Google Launched in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google.com is by far the most popular search engine globally. As of Oct. 3 2010, Alexa reports Google.com as the most visited website worldwide.
2. Yahoo!: In the Top 10 List of search engines we keep Yahoo in the 2nd place. This site search engine is also very potential for the web search. The Yahoo search engine is started in 1994 by David Filo and Jerry Yang, Yahoo.com was originally a directory of websites that later became it’s own crawler-based engine in 2002. As of Oct. 3 2010, Alexa reports Yahoo.com as the 4th most visited website worldwide. It is also the 2nd biggest search engine.
3. Bing: In the Top 10 List of search engines we keep Bing in the in the 3rd place. Bing is in 2009 by Microsoft, Bing.com is their latest search engine service. In late August, Bing officially started delivering Yahoo!’s search results. As of Oct. 3 2010, Alexa reports Bing.com as the 22nd most visited website.
4. Ask: In the Top 10 List of search engines we keep Ask in the 4th place. This search engine is launched in 1996 mainly for the keyword search. Today Ask.com also includes support for math, dictionary, and conversion questions. In November of 2010 Ask.com announced it would no longer be crawling, indexing and ranking its own pages, and will probably outsourcing that to Google or Bing.
5. Teoma: In the Top 10 List of search engine we keep Teoma in the 5th place. The search engine Teoma was launched in 2000 by professor and his colleagues at Rutgers University. At first Teoma was worked under search engine Ask but in 2010 Teoma begun to work independently by using own search engine. It is also one of the most visited sites in the web.
6. Duck Duck Go: in the Top 10 List of search engines we keep Duck Duck Go in the 6th place. This search engine is founded in September of 2008 by Gabriel Weinberg; DuckDuckGo.com (DDG) prides itself on respecting user privacy. This is also very popular search engine in Europe.
7. Entireweb: In the Top 10 List of search engine we keep Entireweb in the 7th place. The search engine Entireweb is launched in 2000. Entireweb.com launched their International search engine Entireweb 3.0 on April 7th, 2010 to compete with the current market leaders. It is now one of the popular search engines.
8. Blekko: In the Top 10 List of search engine we keep blekko in the 8th place. blekko was launched on 1st November 2010. blekko’s slashtags allow you to quickly to create custom search engines and searches. blekko also offers some of the best free search engine optimization (SEO) and webmaster analysis tools.
9. Scrub The Web: In the Top 10 List of search engines we keep Srub The Web in the 9th place. It is also a popular search engine. This search engine was launched in 1996. You can get some extra benefits by using this search engine.
10. Gigablast: In the Top 10 List of search engine we keep Gigablast in the 10th place. The search engine Gigablast was launched in 2000. Gigablast.com aims to index up to 200 billion pages with the least hardware possible. It’s a leading clean-energy search engine with 90% of its power comes from wind energy.