Birds are the wonderful creation of nature. There are no people who don’t love birds. Some of these birds are in the risk of extinction extremely like many other animals with slowest speed. These are the Top 10 Rare birds in the World. We should be concern about these birds to protect. Let’s have a look on these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
1. Spix’s Macaw: Spix’s Macaw is unique type of parrot. It is usually found in Brazil which is very rare and near to extinction. It is non-existent in the wild and can only be found in different societies for wild life preservation. This bird only makes nest on a particular type of tree named caraiberia which grows only in Brazil. It was discovered by a German Naturalist in 1817. It is in the 1st position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
2. Cebu Flower Pecker: This is a small bird which only inhabitant of Cebu Island of the Philippines. These birds are in extreme danger of extinction and their total population is only 100 birds. In the beginning of 20th century it was believed to be extinct but it was again discovered in Cebu Island in Island in 1992. It is in the 2nd position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
3. Hawaiian Crow: Hawaiian Crow is a native of Hawaii Island and it is a very rare type of crow. It is now almost extinct in the wild and only around 56 birds are present in San Diego Zoo. It feeds on eggs, insects and minor carrion. It was considered as Family God to the ancient Hawaiian society. Alala is the native name of the Hawaiian Crow. It is in the 3rd position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
4. Black Stilt: Black Stilt is a native bird of New Zealand. It is a long and thin legged bird and it is only found in New Zealand. In 1994 there were 119 birds of this species but now the number is only 25. This bird makes their nests in particular type of river bed. But due to construction of dams this particular type of river bed is vanished. So Black Stilt is in the 4th position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
5. Katovar: Katovar is mostly known a Maritious Parakeet or Echo Parakeet which is found in South Indian Ocean Island near Madagascar. This species is not critically endangered but still they are facing danger of extinction. In 1980 there were only 10 birds of this kind but today their population is approximately 300. It is in the 5th position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
6. Imperial Parrot: Imperial Parrot is also known as Imperial Amazon parrot or Dominicon Amazon parrot. It is the national bird of Caribbean Nation Dominica. This wonderful and multi-colored parrot can only be found in Dominica. They are under a threat of extinction. Now their population is only about 250 birds. So Imperial Parrots is in the 6thposition of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
7. Magpie Robin: Magpie Robin is a small, singer bird with a long tail. It is a beautiful blue colored bird which is found in African and Asian continents. It has many types and each type is different from other. It feeds on insects and small fruits. These wonderful birds are under the threat of extinction. So it is in the 7th position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
8. Kakapo: Kakapo is also known as Owl Parrot bird of New Zealand. It feeds on plants, seeds, fruits and pollens. They cannot fly and only species of flightless parrot in the world. It is in critical danger of extinction and today their population is about only 125 birds. The major factor behind the extinction of this bird is the arrival of Europeans in New Zealand. It is in the 8th position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
9. Pink Pigeon: Pink pigeon is a bird of Mauritious. It is one of the most beautiful pigeon in the world. The most attractive part of this bird is its beautiful beak of pink color. It is facing the extreme threat of extinction and only 70 birds are alive on the earth. Pink pigeon is in the 9th position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World.
10. Mauritious Kestral: The 10th position of these Top 10 Rare Birds in the World belongs to Maritious Kestral. It belongs to the falcon family and inhabitant of Maritious Island in Indian Ocean. Although it is in the risk of extinction but their population is about 800 now. It is a bird of prey and feeds on other birds or small animals. In ancient it was used by human for hunting.